Pocket 4k with Ronin-S Music Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pocket 4k with Ronin-S Music Video

Shot this super low budget music video with the pocket on a Ronin-S. I primarily used a 16mm Rokinon Cine DS with both pro-mist and glimmer glass in front of the lens. Shot in 36fps. ISO's used were 640 and 2500 for the most part. No noise reduction. Mostly available light and fog. Used the Nucleus M with handles to pull my own focus. Shot in BRAW Q0. Cheers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noE4kaUSM4o
    Attached Files

Nice work Joe and nice focus pulls. Do you have any pictures of your rig with the Nucleus M? Can you share a little more about your technique of working with this setup, dealing with the weight, framing and focus pulls, etc. Thanks.

Comment

Wow, truly wonderful work with the BMPCC4K! Did you use a speed booster?

Comment

Originally posted by Wendt View Post
        Nice work Joe and nice focus pulls. Do you have any pictures of your rig with the Nucleus M? Can you share a little more about your technique of working with this setup, dealing with the weight, framing and focus pulls, etc. Thanks.
        Thanks! It's a setup that I've been using a lot in 2019 as a B-Roll cam alongside my UMP. I power everything from a v-mount battery. I use one of the nucleus handles to control focus and also use the handle to hold the gimbal while my other hand is on another handle or the body of the Ronin-S. It does get a bit heavy, but I've found ways to manage it by resting the tripod feet on my belt inbetween takes or just setting it down. I've also been going to the gym regularly for most of my life. But the more I use this rig, the easier it is to shoot longer and longer with it. I do use a speedbooster and generally don't use an external monitor. I'm currently looking for a small and bright monitor for outside use since I can barely see the screen in daylight.
        Attached Files

Comment

And yes, I did bungie some old glidecam counterwights so that I could balance the roll properly. I have since bought the smallrig counterweight bundle.

Comment

Working...
          X