Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BMPCC4K test shots BMRAW 12:1

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • BMPCC4K test shots BMRAW 12:1

    Here's some quick test shots with the BMPCC 4K, Viltrox EF-M2, Canon 24-105 all handheld. Shot in BMRAW 12:1 at 4K/60P conformed to 25P (some scenes at 1080p/120).

    I'm impressed with the BMRAW 12:1 option. I still shoot Prores 422 or HQ most of the time, but it's amazing being able to shoot 4K/60P on 4 year old Sandisk card (bought for the good old Pocket). There is noticeable compression only if you pixel peep in very busy scenes in 4K, but it's more noticeable when using the windowed 1080p option. I would stick to 5:1 or lower compressions for 1080/120p.

    Had to upload in 1080p to Vimeo because I'm on the free account

    https://vimeo.com/326102659

    Password is bmcuser2019


    Cheers!

  • #2
    I like it. Wondering about the lens performance in this combo, did you do any post stabilization, or was this all stabilized optically by the lens?
    Ted Ramasola

    www.ramasolaproductions.com

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by ted ramasola View Post
      I like it. Wondering about the lens performance in this combo, did you do any post stabilization, or was this all stabilized optically by the lens?
      The lens is fine, it covers a convenient range with the speedbooster. I haven't done any extra stabilization in the video, but shooting at 60P helps smoothing out the footage. Not extremely sharp, but worth using if you already own it. There are some quirks with the Viltrox adapter, I had to downgrade it to firmware 2.3 to be able to have aperture control and stabilization working. After the latest BMPCC4K updates, aperture control and stabilization weren't working, and Viltrox is quite slow to release updates. They fixed the aperture control with version 3.3 after a month, but stabilization still doesn't seem to be working with the latest version.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by MasterOfWombats View Post
        The lens is fine, it covers a convenient range with the speedbooster. I haven't done any extra stabilization in the video, but shooting at 60P helps smoothing out the footage. Not extremely sharp, but worth using if you already own it. There are some quirks with the Viltrox adapter, I had to downgrade it to firmware 2.3 to be able to have aperture control and stabilization working. After the latest BMPCC4K updates, aperture control and stabilization weren't working, and Viltrox is quite slow to release updates. They fixed the aperture control with version 3.3 after a month, but stabilization still doesn't seem to be working with the latest version.
        Thank you for sharing information and replying. I'm familiar with the lens since I owned it before but sold it with my canon cameras but I was wondering if its worth looking at for the P4k as an all around lens since the P4k doesnt have in-body stabilization.
        I was looking at the Oly 12-100 f4 as it also has a good clutch focus for manual focusing and good IS, however, I was considering canon lenses like this 24-105 or the 17-55 f2.8 for when used with speedboosters they get to be brighter. Though manual focus would not be good. I wonder if you have tried this bluetooth app; https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...kmagicwireless and if it would control the canon lens via the viltrox adapter. I have it and it works well with native m4/3 lenses like the lumix 12-35. It can be used for "manual" focusing and assigning focus points like a follow focus.
        Ted Ramasola

        www.ramasolaproductions.com

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by ted ramasola View Post
          Thank you for sharing information and replying. I'm familiar with the lens since I owned it before but sold it with my canon cameras but I was wondering if its worth looking at for the P4k as an all around lens since the P4k doesnt have in-body stabilization.
          I was looking at the Oly 12-100 f4 as it also has a good clutch focus for manual focusing and good IS, however, I was considering canon lenses like this 24-105 or the 17-55 f2.8 for when used with speedboosters they get to be brighter. Though manual focus would not be good. I wonder if you have tried this bluetooth app; https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...kmagicwireless and if it would control the canon lens via the viltrox adapter. I have it and it works well with native m4/3 lenses like the lumix 12-35. It can be used for "manual" focusing and assigning focus points like a follow focus.
          I don't have any android device to try the app out, but I can already tell yout that with the Viltrox adapter autofocus (touch to focus) is not supported at the moment, so I think the app would work only with native lenses now.

          Comment

          Working...
          X