Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brazilian Model Fashion Profile | Ursa Mini Pro BRAW Test

Hey guys,

I shot a short model profile to play with Blackmagic RAW on my UMP -- I was going for a soft, textural look and I'm pretty happy with how the camera performed. Mostly natural light with a bit of neg. I will say I've found 1600 ISO to be borderline unusable with BRAW. The level of artifacting, and particularly the vertical lines I've been getting, have been extreme. Everything was recorded at 1920 @ 120fps.

Would love to hear your thoughts!

https://vimeo.com/300401661

Screen Shot 2018-11-13 at 12.58.30 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2018-11-13 at 12.57.49 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2018-11-13 at 12.57.16 PM.jpg

Which BRAW setting did you use? 1600 might require a higher quality setting or one of the constant quality settings to avoid artifacts.

Comment

Originally posted by RyLo View Post
      Which BRAW setting did you use? 1600 might require a higher quality setting or one of the constant quality settings to avoid artifacts.
      Hey Rylo,

This was shot at 800 and in constant quality. I think shooting with the cropped sensor at 1920 (for 120fps) might've contributed as well. Thanks for the input though!

Comment

I was referring to this line, not the footage which looks great. Sorry for the confusion.

I will say I've found 1600 ISO to be borderline unusable with BRAW. The level of artifacting, and particularly the vertical lines I've been getting, have been extreme.
        If those vertical lines are FPN, though, a higher quality setting isn't going to help. When you said artifacts, I was thinking compression artifacts.

Comment

Originally posted by RyLo View Post
          I was referring to this line, not the footage which looks great. Sorry for the confusion.

If those vertical lines are FPN, though, a higher quality setting isn't going to help. When you said artifacts, I was thinking compression artifacts.
          Ah, got it! I believe the vertical lines are FPN -- seems to be fairly par for the course with this sensor no? Camera is currently at BMD for an RMA for a dead pixel -- I'll be curious to see if there's any change in the FPN/vertical line situation when it gets back.

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
          X