No announcement yet.

A few tests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow! Really great stuff. These are some of the best looking and most cinematic frames I've seen shot on Blackmagic. Did you use any sort of diffusion with the Master Primes?

Comment

Love the look David. I also started a new short in a hotel room and we have been working on it. We also just put up the trailer of my last short which to date has been officially selected in the Prima Roma festival and a semifinalist at the Hollywood International Film Festival. Here's the trailer to it. https://youtu.be/Co9E0nVogQg. We shot this on a mini Ursa 4k with Rokinon cine lenses.

Comment

This looks really good. Looks like some diffusion was used in some shots. What filter was that?
        Darren Scott
        Freelance Director/Director of Photography

https://vimeo.com/jambredzvisions/videos

Comment

Originally posted by rygenova View Post
          Wow! Really great stuff. These are some of the best looking and most cinematic frames I've seen shot on Blackmagic. Did you use any sort of diffusion with the Master Primes?
          Thanks. I used different strengths of promists on different scenes, especially when the story approaches the end and I wanted a more mystical look. I actually shot this on an Alexa XR with MPs, but it was just because the rental house was kind enough to lend me that camera with no extra charge. I know my Ursa Mini well enough to know that I could pull a very similar look. The MPs, on the other hand, are a very very... very hard to beat set of lenses.

Comment

Originally posted by jambredz View Post
            This looks really good. Looks like some diffusion was used in some shots. What filter was that?
            Thanks jambredz, good eye on spotting the diffusion. I actually used different strengths of promists towards the ending of the story. Here are a few examples (first three are without diffusion and the last three are with promists 1/4):

Comment

That Alexa skin tone....damn.
              Darren Scott

Comment

Ooh its an an alexa and not an 4.6k?

Comment

Originally posted by polaroid22 View Post
                  Ooh its an an alexa and not an 4.6k?
                  Yeah, sorry if it was misleading. But I still feel it's perfectly possible to achieve a similar look with the UM4.6k. The biggest difference I feel between both cameras is the way an Alexa footage is so easily graded. That and that obvious skin tone mojo.

Comment

Some darker shots towards the end of the story:

Comment

Almost finished shooting the outdoors. These were done with the Ursa Mini :

Comment

Stunning! Really nice images!

Comment

Really great images. Are these Ursa mini ones also shot on the Master primes?
                          Darren Scott

Comment

Thanks guys! These were taken with my faithful tokina 28-70, except the 4th one which is the 11-16.

Comment

Have to say I forgot they were shot on an Alexa and I happily thought it was a 4.6k. I'm struggling to see differences between them now. It's not like a red were it has that yellow and high contrast.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Sandiford View Post
                                Have to say I forgot they were shot on an Alexa and I happily thought it was a 4.6k. I'm struggling to see differences between them now. It's not like a red were it has that yellow and high contrast.
                                I agree with you. The UM, especially after Gen4, is closer to the Alexa sensor than the Red cameras. A few more grabs:

Last edited by david evans; 01-19-2019, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X