Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"First Light"... Wow! Low light and bright sunlight footage...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alex.stefani View Post
    I still think that BMCC and BMPCC have that special "filmic" look, however this camera looks more modern, and of course it is way more versatile tool..
    Yep. For example in music videos many artists prefer the more modern look compared to older "film look".

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
      Yep. For example in music videos many artists prefer the more modern look compared to older "film look".
      Nobody is saying no against the alexa look though which is more soft.

Comment

Originally posted by Snuff View Post
        In many respects it is the merit of a lifelessly sharp lens Panasonic 12-35. I think with a new Pocket will be good wide open vintage lenses with diffusion filters.

Yep... if you could mount those those Panasonic lenses on film camera, they would make it look like video.

+1 for the older FDs and Nikkors!

Comment

Originally posted by Chet View Post
          Yep... if you could mount those those Panasonic lenses on film camera, they would make it look like video.
          How so?

Comment

People also seem to forget that there's literally a "midtone detail" slider in Resolve that knocks out pores instantly.

But yeah, the 12-35 is amazing on the V1 Pocket because it sharpens up the somewhat soft 1080p nicely. That addend sharpness probably isn't needed for 4K. But the color of those Panasonics is lovely.

Comment

Originally posted by Stefan Antonescu View Post
              The P4K has the same motion rendering as the BMCC if not better and I'm 100% confident that you can match them perfectly in post.
              On Brawley's footage you said,
              "The motion rendering seems more 'videoish' than the BMCC and original Pocket", and afaik JB shot his in 24p 180 degree shutter as well.
              What exactly do you base your observations on? Some "tingly" feeling in your stomach? Or can you actually point out what it is with the "motion" that separates this video from JB's?

Tobias N - Gaffer / Cinematographer

Comment

looks video-y as hell

Comment

So beautiful women aren't allowed to have skin pores. Got it.

...Film boys...
                  Filmmaker - Author
                  https://jgiambrone.wordpress.com/

Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Giambrone View Post

...Film boys...
                    Marry me

Tobias N - Gaffer / Cinematographer

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Giambrone View Post

...Film boys...
                      Seriously. And I'm guilty of it too.

Example 1,729,482 of how women have it tougher than men.

Comment

See here the thing, women don't want 4K, women didn't even want HD this is totally a guy thing. So part of the problem with being a guy shooting super high res is to make women look soft and perfect without destroying the rest of the image. The sharper the formats get the harder our work gets in that regard. Best of luck to actresses over 40 if 8k truly becomes a delivery format.

Comment

Originally posted by dop16mm View Post
                          See here the thing, women don't want 4K, women didn't even want HD this is totally a guy thing. So part of the problem with being a guy shooting super high res is to make women look soft and perfect without destroying the rest of the image. The sharper the formats get the harder our work gets in that regard. Best of luck to actresses over 40 if 8k truly becomes a delivery format.
                          8k is already widely used with female models under 40 in photography when you consider 33mp stills cameras.

Comment

Originally posted by Taikonaut View Post
                            8k is already widely used with female models under 40 in photography when you consider 33mp stills cameras.
                            Well, yeah, but the amount of Photoshop done to those photos makes them more like paintings than photos.

Though we're getting there with video. The vast majority of shoot footage we do at networks goes through Flame for (sometimes crazy amounts of) retouching/skin work.

So yeah, 4K and 8K are guy things. And they're going to make Flame artists even richer...

Comment

Make-ups are like face paintings. That why you have MUAs.

Comment

Originally posted by Flabasha View Post
                                People also seem to forget that there's literally a "midtone detail" slider in Resolve that knocks out pores instantly.

But yeah, the 12-35 is amazing on the V1 Pocket because it sharpens up the somewhat soft 1080p nicely. That addend sharpness probably isn't needed for 4K. But the color of those Panasonics is lovely.
                                I am not at my resolve station right now, but where can I find this slider?

Comment

Working...
                                X