James Tonkin: 'A Night in Nine Elms'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Tonkin: 'A Night in Nine Elms'

James Tonkin posted this BMCC video, shot using ProRes HQ in "Film" mode, commissioned by BMD:
    https://vimeo.com/55217018

Refer to the Vimeo page for details.

www.peterdv.com
    Blog: http://HereForTheWeather.wordpress.com

Well done, but again, James Tonkins BMCC is twice as noisy as Frank´s camera.
    I hope the BMCC is not like Sigma lenses, where you need to buy it three times to find a good one.
    BMCC - Sony HVR-Z7 - Nikon D7100

Comment

Originally posted by Peter J. DeCrescenzo View Post
      James Tonkin posted this BMCC video, shot using ProRes HQ in "Film" mode, commissioned by BMD:
      https://vimeo.com/55217018

Refer to the Vimeo page for details.

Wow, really nice footage.

Comment

Originally posted by Felix View Post
        James Tonkins BMCC is twice as noisy as Frank´s camera.
        Is part of that difference Frank using raw and James using Prores at 1600iso? I wouldn't expect the camera to deal with noise in its debayer process converting to Prores as well/quick as Resolve could (or any raw processor not concerned with writing in real time to a SSD). Could be wrong but would make sense to me.
        Blackmagic Design
        My BMD LUTs.

**Any post by me prior to Aug 2014 was before i started working for Blackmagic**

Comment

Originally posted by Felix View Post
          Well done, but again, James Tonkins BMCC is twice as noisy as Frank´s camera.
          I hope the BMCC is not like Sigma lenses, where you need to buy it three times to find a good one.
          I highly doubt that this is true. More likely its exposure settings and what is done in post that makes the difference. That being said.. I can't see much noise in this Vimeo render.
          -Michael Beck

Comment

Wow, like 3 new clips today! It's getting harder to resist dropping the $3,000 now. (Even though I know I'll still have to wait) All of these new clips are making the "baby Alexa" title deserving.

Comment

Nice gootage. Actually I liked a bit of noise in the footage, it added a bit of charm to me.

Comment

Everytime I see new footage I get pulled back from my c100/ninja leaning. It looks like film. That's all there is to it.

Comment

Didn't inspire me at all - boring

Comment

I saw this footage on a BMCC presentation on the big screen just few hours ago and the noise didn't bother me even for a nanosecond.

Comment

Looks fantastic. I can't wait til I get my baby and can test it's limits.

Comment

Working...
                      X