Permitted to see samples

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Permitted to see samples

As much as I love the "idea" of the camera (iīve ordered one) itīs about time we got to look at some more footage/samples.

I can appreciate that final tweeks are being made to the sensor, but 2,5 months from handing over 3000 USD to BMD (for their first camera ever) we should at least be permitted to play/see/test some serious footage.

cīmon BMCC!

what would be good in the mean time is to have a couple of dng-sequences made with a different camera.

Comment

You can download DNG sequences from Ikonoskop's A-cam DII on their website.

http://www.ikonoskop.com/footage/

Comment

Just got this reply to my question from BMC:

Currently the Cinema Camera is really in an early beta form. We really need to tighten a few things up before we can get any preproduction models out the door. Beyond that we need to work with Apple as our current agreements don't allow us to send out Thunderbolt or ProRes technology until they are certified officially.

So this seems like it is going to be a few weeks (6-7) before we might be able to really have discussions about any kind of field tests. We would like to get a few of those under our belt before the launch in July, but right now there is still a lot of work to be done!

Comment

I thought ThunderBolt was Intel. Seven weeks from today is the last week in June...and they're going to deliver in July?

Comment

Originally posted by mhood View Post
            Seven weeks from today is the last week in June...and they're going to deliver in July?
            They are not waiting to make the cameras... just waiting to get them out the door. (in people's hands)
            -Michael Beck

Comment

Originally posted by mbeck View Post
              They are not waiting to make the cameras... just waiting to get them out the door. (in people's hands)
              IOW, if they do ship in July, the "preproduction" models either won't exist or can't be talked about pending their agreement with Apple?

Comment

Originally posted by mhood View Post
                IOW, if they do ship in July, the "preproduction" models either won't exist or can't be talked about pending their agreement with Apple?
                Apple & Microsoft for the hard drive exfat file system, Im sure Apple will be cool about it,
                Last edited by Phil; 05-11-2012, 07:49 AM.
                New Ursa Mini 4.6 owner

Comment

I know that I may be in the minority by saying this, and I think that wanting more footage is not an unreasonable request at all...

Me, personally, I don't care. If I have to be the guinea pig then I'll do that. Sometimes it's just like that, and no I'm not rich (far from it), I'm doing some shady deals to get a camera--basically pre-selling work to a few people that trust me and pre-selling rentals on the camera, but I'm game to go in somewhat blind on this one.

SKYPE (best way to talk to me): Camera_Kholi | twitter
                  Avery and Pete: Superseeds Feature Film Trailer

Comment

Since there is no alternative, I think anyone who has pre-ordered will travel that road beside you.

Comment

"Early Beta" doesn't sound good....coming from a consumer hardware development background, I'd be VERY surprised if they can deliver finished cameras before Aug 1.

Of course, if one ends up in my hands before then, I won't complain....just not sure how realistic a Jul/Aug. release-to-world shipping date is from the sounds of it.
                      // Aaron

Comment

I can understand that people are very eager to see/get their hands on some actual RAW footage... and I'm not criticizing anyone who is expressing that eagerness.

Still, I know that anything that gets released is going to be instantly subjected to an incredibly intense degree of vivisection. I can't blame the folks at BMD for wanting to refine their system as much as possible before anything goes public.

And you have to admit... the fact is, *absolutely no matter what they release*, there will be haters eager to find fault and trash whatever they see. You know what I'm talking about - a real feeding frenzy.

So I'm happy to be patient, and see whatever comes when it comes. I know it's like waiting for Christmas, but that's part of the fun.
                        Randy Walters
                        boundlessinformant.com

Comment

Originally posted by randyman View Post
                          I can understand that people are very eager to see/get their hands on some actual RAW footage... and I'm not criticizing anyone who is expressing that eagerness.

Still, I know that anything that gets released is going to be instantly subjected to an incredibly intense degree of vivisection. I can't blame the folks at BMD for wanting to refine their system as much as possible before anything goes public.

And you have to admit... the fact is, *absolutely no matter what they release*, there will be haters eager to find fault and trash whatever they see. You know what I'm talking about - a real feeding frenzy.

So I'm happy to be patient, and see whatever comes when it comes. I know it's like waiting for Christmas, but that's part of the fun.
                          ^^^ What he said.

Comment

Sorry but to me this isn't at all like w8ing for Christmas. I have to establish a workflow that lives within my particular parameters (totally portable by one person by air) and I have never worked with RAW, DNxHD or ProRes before (laugh all you want but I went from composite to MiniDV/DVCAM to AVCHD on a 7D). I want some files to make sure that I can put the camera (I bought) to work the day I get it. I'm not out to pixel peep it to death...I wouldn't know how to start to do that anyway. To quote a conversation overheard between two buzzards: "Patience my butt, I'm going to kill something!" ;-)

Would it hurt anything to give us 10 seconds of a color chart or something in RAW, ProRes Log and 709 and DNxHD Log and 709? I would sure appreciate those five files to work up a game plan with...not to mention the Metadata XML (a total mystery for me).
                            Last edited by mhood; 05-12-2012, 12:58 PM.

Comment

I hear you mhood, but I don't think those are luxuries an extra early adopter can expect right now. Let's hope we see more soon.
                              www.motionplaces.com
                              andrewjulian

Comment

Working...
                              X