Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Request: anyone in GZ, China within next three months with a BMCC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request: anyone in GZ, China within next three months with a BMCC?

Hi Guys,

I'll be leaving Melbourne, Aust for GZ, China on this Sunday 13th May to start my documentary on Chinas new 8-day cancer treatment.

Massive big Special favor request here

If you find yourself in GZ, china or even hong kong with a BMCC, I'd love to get in touch with you about borrowing you for a hour or two to see how this camera go's inside the cancer surgery theater.
    Inside the cancer patient lays inside a huge machine that's got thousands of infrared LEDs lighting it up from the inside and with near infra lasers just to top it all off.

So I'd love to see what the RAW dynamic range could show here as with my reccy over there two years ago the ultrabright red leds totally blew all my canon footage to unuseable bits

I'll be shooting with whatever I can get my hands on over there early next week, most likely my best choices are just three little gh2's I guess, as shooting starts end of next week.

But if you do find yourself over there within the next three months it would be a fantastic opportuniy for us both, I'll show you how the 8 day cancer treatment works and I'll be able to show the rest of the world some nice workable footage of the machine in action, I stead of red blobs where the machine is lol

I'll mean a lot to me if you can do this begs oh you can read my bio here about the project in my profile.

Thanks Tony Anastasi .
    Emailme@tonyanastasi.com

1. What?
    2. It would be cool if people would not create such threads in the Footage/Frames section, it's annoying to be fooled into thinking new footage is there and then it's just someone wanting something again.

Comment

Originally posted by stip View Post
      1. What?
      2. It would be cool if people would not create such threads in the Footage/Frames section, it's annoying to be fooled into thinking new footage is there and then it's just someone wanting something again.
      3. It would be even cooler if we could all be a little more friendly. ;-)
      New Ursa Mini 4.6 owner

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Anastasi View Post
        If you find yourself in GZ, china or even hong kong with a BMCC, I'd love to get in touch with you about borrowing you for a hour or two to see how this camera go's inside the cancer surgery theater.
        Inside the cancer patient lays inside a huge machine that's got thousands of infrared LEDs lighting it up from the inside and with near infra lasers just to top it all off.

So I'd love to see what the RAW dynamic range could show here as with my reccy over there two years ago the ultrabright red leds totally blew all my canon footage to unuseable bits
        I'll be in Shanghai in August, hopefully with my BMC, but thats not exactly close. Is it not possible to expose for the lasers correctly? Sounds like its just too bright?? And three GH2's, if you can manage to hack them, wouldn't be too shabby.

Comment

Originally posted by RyGuy View Post
          I'll be in Shanghai in August, hopefully with my BMC, but thats not exactly close. Is it not possible to expose for the lasers correctly? Sounds like its just too bright?? And three GH2's, if you can manage to hack them, wouldn't be too shabby.
          thanks,
          Yes Even exposed properly it still didnt work properly as the rest of the room is normally lit but couldn't see what the docs were doing or anything.. Even hacked gh2's don't have enough dynamic range to cope.

Comment

Why don't you use a spot meter to actually measure the light. Then you will know the difference between the highs and lows in the scene.

Comment

Working...
            X