Flunk Webseries - Melbourne, Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flunk Webseries - Melbourne, Australia

I recently wrote/directed/shot a new teen drama called Flunk, on the BM Ursa Mini Pro 4.6K.

Recorded ProRes 422 in 4.6k crop mode.

Lenses used:

Sigma 18-35mm
    Olympus Zuiko 50mm
    Olympus Zuiko 135mm

The show is launching as 60s mini episodes on Instagram next week: Flunk Series
    It'll also be weekly on YouTube Flunk Series, with a longer form version for broadcast.
    Official site: Flunk Series

Here's the trailer:

And some footage frames:

Last edited by Ric Forster; 10-22-2018, 06:12 PM. Reason: Updated with trailer
    Working in Melbourne TV, indie webseries & features - showreel and other projects

Love the stills!! looks extremely impressive. Great colour, crisp.

Great to see stuff coming out of Melbourne!

Was that the sigma 18-35 or 18-135 as stated?

Comment

Thanks Ryanite. Yes, sorry, typo - was indeed the Sigma 18-35. Shot wide open as far as possible - ended up using that lens a ton - it's my new go-to.
      Working in Melbourne TV, indie webseries & features - showreel and other projects

Comment

Originally posted by Ric Forster View Post
        Thanks Ryanite. Yes, sorry, typo - was indeed the Sigma 18-35. Shot wide open as far as possible - ended up using that lens a ton - it's my new go-to.
        absolutely beautiful lens. Can't wait to get my hands on one.

Comment

Really love what you captured, will give it a watch when I can.
          Darren Hartman
          Asyn Film | Banana Stand Media

Comment

Thanks Asyndeton!

Got a trailer out now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXXR9X3FeNU

Comment

Here's the first ep on YouTube:

Flunk

Graded in Premiere using Lumetri and Film Convert.

Comment

Those stills look beautiful -- excited to give this a watch.

Comment

Thanks cassius!

Here's episode 2:

Some more low light stuff

Comment

It looks gorgeous, great work Ric.
                    Darren Hartman
                    Asyn Film | Banana Stand Media

Comment

Thanks!

Here's the next two eps:

Comment

Here's the latest episode. I shot a scene using the new Pocket 4K, on a DJI Ronin S. Not perfect operating by me, but I liked the performances best on this take - so here you go. Ursa 4.6k is the first shot (wide of lake), Pocket the second (tracking with girls):

Comment

Looks fantastic Ric!! Aside from being beautifully shot, this show is top notch quality. Everything is high end, the acting, the sound, the writing... Is this done with a small crew? It looks like big budget Netflix stuff. What lighting do you use for interiors? Rock on!!

Comment

Thanks for your kind words, Will. Yes, the show's produced with a very small team - I'm the writer/director/DOP.

Lighting is minimal - using practicals or natural light wherever I can. I have a few small LED Dracast panels, and some LED bulb fixtures in softboxes (the cheap kind from ebay - retrofitted with better bulbs). The Ursa has such a great sensor, tend to use as little as possible.

Had some fun with some RGB lights on a recent episode though.

Here's some new caps and links to episodes.

Something I tried out recently was using the BMPCC 4K / Ronin S combo to do a 'jib shot' - moving the camera down from the top corner of the bedroom, slowly tightening on Ingrid and Stella lying in bed. It's at 1min 19 seconds. Cuts in perfectly with the Ursa shot straight after:

Comment

Working...
                            X