Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BMC footage?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • BMC footage?

    http://vimeo.com/54477904

    Found this a minute ago. I guess I should ask the poster if it is The BMC but then we wouldn't have the fun arguments about whether it is or not....


    To my eyes I would say it is, mainly due to the decent dynamic range on the windows.

  • #2
    Originally posted by bowman View Post
    http://vimeo.com/54477904

    Found this a minute ago. I guess I should ask the poster if it is The BMC but then we wouldn't have the fun arguments about whether it is or not....


    To my eyes I would say it is, mainly due to the decent dynamic range on the windows.

    I dunno, the dynamic range looks good, as does the colour - but ive never seen BMCC footage with aliasing that bad before! Perhaps it has been scaled badly as it doesnt look over-sharpened.

    My conclusion would be that it IS bmcc footage, but it has been processed badly.
    Tom Majerski
    Cinematographer / Photographer / CGI Artist / Filmmaker

    http://www.TetraGrade.com
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm5157752/

    Comment


    • #3
      LOL it was shot with the internal mic - the fan is allover the place.
      But the aliasing is really strange.
      Blog: http://frankglencairn.wordpress.com/

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Frank Glencairn View Post
        LOL it was shot with the internal mic - the fan is allover the place.
        But the aliasing is really strange.

        I think I remember early on with the first pool shark footage from Mr Brawley that the first upload had similar problems, and it was re-exported and re-uploaded. Maybe whatever happened then, happened here also?
        Tom Majerski
        Cinematographer / Photographer / CGI Artist / Filmmaker

        http://www.TetraGrade.com
        http://www.imdb.com/name/nm5157752/

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Frank Glencairn View Post
          LOL it was shot with the internal mic - the fan is allover the place.
          But the aliasing is really strange.
          Frank, when you record using the internal mic, is that the amount of noise you hear from the fan? It sounds too loud to be the fan unless something is wrong with the fan. I would have thought it would have been less obtrusive as this was very poor, but trying to remove that much roar in post is going to affect the clarity of the speaker's voice. I thought we had a few other examples of footage using the internal mic which were quite acceptable in comparison.

          Comment


          • #6
            It's private now. I wonder what happened.
            https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...3301810&type=3

            Comment


            • #7
              Thatīs not aliasing from the camera.
              Iīm not a mac guy but I had to work on a mac sometime ago and encountered the same problem/bug in Compressor. Had to render to a different format to work around it and then it never occured again.
              Itīs definitely a Final Cut, Compressor glitch.
              BMCC - Sony HVR-Z7 - Nikon D7100

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by rick.lang View Post
                Frank, when you record using the internal mic, is that the amount of noise you hear from the fan? It sounds too loud to be the fan unless something is wrong with the fan. I would have thought it would have been less obtrusive as this was very poor, but trying to remove that much roar in post is going to affect the clarity of the speaker's voice. I thought we had a few other examples of footage using the internal mic which were quite acceptable in comparison.
                Depending on the gain you set the internal mic to (or even an external one, that sits on top of the camera) it's that loud.
                Not as loud as a RED fan, but yeah.

                On the other hand, who would ever use an internal mic or a mic on camera for a serious production?
                It is just there for emergency, or pilot audio for easier sync - if you do external recording.
                Boomed dialog or using a lavalier, the fan is no problem at all.
                Blog: http://frankglencairn.wordpress.com/

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Frank Glencairn View Post
                  Depending on the gain you set the internal mic to (or even an external one, that sits on top of the camera) it's that loud.
                  Not as loud as a RED fan, but yeah.

                  On the other hand, who would ever use an internal mic or a mic on camera for a serious production?
                  It is just there for emergency, or pilot audio for easier sync - if you do external recording.
                  Boomed dialog or using a lavalier, the fan is no problem at all.
                  Thanks, Frank. Even as a pilot audio for syncing external audio with the video, I'd want to turn down the gain then. Would be relatively easy to get the feel for the correct setting so the internal mic isn't picking up that much roar while retaining some useful audio. That video posted a while ago that included interviews of people on Hallowe'en was an example of what could work with the internal mic.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X