Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Compilation of 4.6K Beta footage / videos thus far

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Compilation of 4.6K Beta footage / videos thus far

    I keep getting messages about finding all the footage in one spot, and what's the password to a couple clips I posted a while back. So I thought I would make a new thread compiling the footage that's been released so far from the testers.

    My footage:

    https://vimeo.com/146086078


    (password is whiteghost)
    https://vimeo.com/147078387




    (password is mini)
    https://vimeo.com/147985513


    https://vimeo.com/148061574


    https://vimeo.com/148429958


    Footage from Kholi:

    https://vimeo.com/146999898


    https://vimeo.com/149543206


    Footage from Tom

    https://vimeo.com/146834820


    https://vimeo.com/146814797


    Footage from Benjamin:

    https://vimeo.com/149378868


    Footage from Tor:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_z4CI9mvLA
    Test footage Vimeo page: https://vimeo.com/romanalaivi

  • #2
    Awesome Thread:-) Tnx! This just got posted:


    Discription says it's shot in 4:4:4 at 80fps, I know in crop it can do 120fps right? Didn't know 80fps was an option, seems odd to me, can anyone confirm this is possible incamera? If this is confirmed to be 4.6k footage maybe Roman can add this video to his list here above so we will keep all footage together in one post:-)

    And Noam Kroll said on insta he will post his first 4.6k footage online tonight on his blog:

    http://noamkroll.com/
    Last edited by Perry Mulder; 01-07-2016, 06:22 AM.
    www.broodjeaapfilm.nl
    https://www.instagram.com/perrymulder/

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks for compiling, Roman. Shame these all got lost in the other giant thread. It sure is nice to have them all in one post!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Perry Mulder View Post
        Awesome Thread:-) Tnx! This just got posted:


        Discription says it's shot in 4:4:4 at 80fps, I know in crop it can do 120fps right? Didn't know 80fps was an option, seems odd to me, can anyone confirm this is possible incamera? If this is confirmed to be 4.6k footage maybe Roman can add this video to his list here above so we will keep all footage together in one post:-)

        And Noam Kroll said on insta he will post his first 4.6k footage online tonight on his blog:

        http://noamkroll.com/
        I'm guessing you've never shot on the Ursa. You choose anywhere from 5fps all the way up to 80 4k or 150 1080 windowed. So I can shoot 135fps or 68fps if I want.

        Comment


        • #5
          Indeed I haven't had the luxury to hold a Ursa 4.6k in my hands. So what I know is based on what I read and that was that the max in 4.6k was 60fps and 120fps for windowed 1080p. But good to know, tnx for the replay.
          On the official blackmagic website it says:
          URSA Mini can capture full resolution 4.6K recordings at up to 60 frames per second and up to 120 frames per second in regular 1080 HD
          So that's kinda confusing.
          Last edited by Perry Mulder; 01-07-2016, 07:12 AM.
          www.broodjeaapfilm.nl
          https://www.instagram.com/perrymulder/

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Perry Mulder View Post
            Indeed I haven't had the luxury to hold a Ursa 4.6k in my hands. So what I know is based on what I read and that was that the max in 4.6k was 60fps and 120fps for windowed 1080p. But good to know, tnx for the replay.
            On the official blackmagic website it says:
            So that's kinda confusing.
            Yeh when they say up to it means you can use any frame in between the minimum and maximum fps.
            Darren Scott
            Freelance Director/Director of Photography


            https://vimeo.com/jambredzvisions/videos

            Comment


            • #7
              That reddish/magenta on some shots with the 4.6k looks really over saturated. Hope this is still something they work on, also saw that in the video from Tor. For instance those pink feathers, and now that reddish board. Or maybe that's the way it's graded.
              Last edited by Unknown; 01-07-2016, 10:53 AM.

              Comment


              • #8
                The image on Bobby Hewitt his footage looks very sensor cropped, because it is very soft.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Just found this:

                  https://vimeo.com/151108369

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Thanks pultzar. I also found more info on this tru his vimeo http://noamkroll.com/the-ursa-mini-4...st-shots-here/

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Pultzar2 View Post
                      One of the city shots has some pretty bad moire on the buildings. Shame that they don't have an OLPF available.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Pultzar2 View Post
                        One of the city shots has some pretty bad moire on the buildings. Shame that they don't have an OLPF available.
                        Yea the DR and sharpness look really good in some of the video's. But the color science isn't quite there for me yet. Or I just haven't been impressed with what Ive seen so far.
                        I hope some footage will pop up soon which will erase my worries. It just looks too video'ish in my opinion, this might be because the lack of an OLPF? Or because of the grading.
                        Ahwell I can't expect a miracle cam at this price range (or can I? Sony f35).

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          The miracle is what you do with it.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Pultzar2 View Post
                            One of the city shots has some pretty bad moire on the buildings. Shame that they don't have an OLPF available.
                            Noam mentioned in the Vimeo comments that the source files look perfect and that it must be the web compression. That's pretty damn good news.
                            Paul Del Vecchio - Director/Producer
                            http://www.PaulDV.net
                            https://vimeo.com/channels/directorpauldv
                            http://www.youtube.com/user/pdelvecchio814
                            http://www.twitter.com/pauldv

                            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Paul-...io/58731646898

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Roman, as this thread moves forward, will you edit and compile all the footage into the first post? I suspect this one will get filled up with comments and eventually end up being kind of a mess to navigate just like the other one. Thanks.
                              Aaron Lochert

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X