Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wedding film in Tuscany - looking for feedback

Hi guys,

I wanted to show you a wedding film I've been working on for a few months. We did a wedding in Tuscany in June and this is how it turned out. Shot in RAW (yeah, about a TB..) on two BMCC's and a BMPCC on a Movi M5.

I am often way too critical of my own work to post anything here, but to improve my work I could really use your feedback on the film.

The film is quite long (9 minutes, which is about 3 minutes longer than usual) but that's also because there's a loveshoot packed in there as well. Would you guys leave it this long, or cut anything out? And if so, what would you cut? Overall, I'm quite happy with how it turned out, but I feel the best part is from 06:30 till the end - but isn't that too late into the film? How do you like the grade? Is there enough variation between shots?

Thanks guys!

http://www.thedreamers.nl/en

I bet the client was very happy. This is very good imho, and i normaly don't watch wedding videos hehe

Comment

Originally posted by mcnys View Post
      I bet the client was very happy. This is very good imho, and i normaly don't watch wedding videos hehe
      Thanks! Yeah they were pretty happy with it - they cried on our couch while watching But while a happy client is awesome (!), I'd really love to find out what there is to improve from a filmmaking point of view..
      http://www.thedreamers.nl/en

Comment

Hugo, that nine minutes went by very quickly. Only thing I'd cut completely was that bring section where there are driving a white car. Some if he shots were too brief perhaps, thinking of some of the shots of attendees at the wedding. Very thoughtful to include a lot of the work in the preparations. One thing that might strengthen some of your future weddings would be adding some voice over that perhaps comes from the bride and groom about the preparations and again after the wedding. Just an idea that there might be a theme hidden in those comments that your images might illustrate or illuminate. You did put a lot of effort into their wedding video and I'm sure it was the happiest day of the lives... Until they have their first child!

Comment

Working...
        X