Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And a crodfunding video for another feature. Not asking for money!!! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And a crodfunding video for another feature. Not asking for money!!! :)

So here's another thing I shot last week. It's just a little crowdfunding video for another feature. These are just a few stills and BTS but the video will be up Monday for me to show. Again, not for money but just to finally show something in motion!

After seeing these uploaded, they took a huge hit in resolution. No idea why as my feature thread didn't compress the stills this much. Oh well.

Brett and Ladies_2.3.1.jpgBrett_2.4.1.jpgBrett2_1.26.1.jpgCrew_2.13.1.jpgNewBar_1.25.1.jpgSausage_1.28.1.jpg

IMG_1768.jpg11882651_802740679845757_2229236691991941748_o.jpg
    Last edited by vicharris; 08-21-2015, 12:09 PM.

Eh, could have been better if you used better glass. Hopefully your next one will turn out better.

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasHennessy View Post
      Eh, could have been better if you used better glass. Hopefully your next one will turn out better.
      Nailed it!! And it's your favorite, CROWDFUNDING!!!!!!!!! I'm going to blast it on all you social media walls nonstop!!!!

Comment

Looking good. Nice to see solid crown funding videos being made. I personally only donate to films which can give me a taste of what the film will look like. If people can't even do that, then I'm not going to bother giving out money to people with an "idea".

How many features are you going to put that poor Pocket through Vic!?
        Test footage Vimeo page: https://vimeo.com/romanalaivi

Comment

These look nice. LOL that freaking Ursa monitor....must be awesome on a tripod though....but that's about it.
          Darren Scott
          Freelance Director/Director of Photography

https://vimeo.com/jambredzvisions/videos

Comment

Originally posted by Roman View Post
            Looking good. Nice to see solid crown funding videos being made. I personally only donate to films which can give me a taste of what the film will look like. If people can't even do that, then I'm not going to bother giving out money to people with an "idea".

How many features are you going to put that poor Pocket through Vic!?

Agree 100% That's why we spent a little time on this one and were lucky enough to use the shooting location for this video. It's a little over lit but for a workplace comedy, I think it needs to be. Think we're pretty close with the look though this is just the Pocket. We want to use the 4.6k URSA but who knows if we'll have a turret in time. The director is now looking at multiple BMCC cams and uprezing to 4K. See if we can get away with that. Going to do some more low light location tests with the URSA. Here's an URSA still of the whole thing. 4k 3:1 Raw.

And as for the Pocket, I'm going to beat that thing into the ground!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jambredz View Post
              These look nice. LOL that freaking Ursa monitor....must be awesome on a tripod though....but that's about it.
              Ask Kofa!

Kofa.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by vicharris View Post
                Nailed it!! And it's your favorite, CROWDFUNDING!!!!!!!!! I'm going to blast it on all you social media walls nonstop!!!!

Yes, please re-post it multiple times a day on facebook, instagram, and twitter, and if I have not donated any money to your cause yet, it's probably because I just haven't seen or heard about it yet, so you should probably post it more often.

Also, it would be helpful if you could post your crowdfunding link on every facebook film industry page, so I can be sure, that just in case I don't see it in my main feed, I'll have a chance to catch it on one of the 20 or so industry groups I am a part of.

Comment

Why not use your current Ursa if you want 4k? You guys need the better sensitivity and DR of the BMCC or something?
                  Darren Scott

Comment

Originally posted by jambredz View Post
                    Unless I'm missing something, it's not designed or intended to be used any other way though, right? It's for tripod and maybe dolly use? And it DOES excel at that. The EVF for shoulder use is shipping now and they said at NAB it was intended to be announced at the same time as URSA but they couldn't get it done then so announced it the following year when they had the resources to do it. It's a seriously good combo, looking through the EVF at NAB it was sharper/nicer than the gratical (I was in the right place at the right time and Zacuto were at the Blackmagic booth comparing their EVF on an URSA Mini to the Blackmagic) and definitely nicer than the Small HD sidefinder.

Sorry Vic, just responding to a comment that didn't seem necessary to me or maybe missed the point.

Comment

Originally posted by Steven Abrams View Post
                      Unless I'm missing something, it's not designed or intended to be used any other way though, right? It's for tripod and maybe dolly use? And it DOES excel at that. The EVF for shoulder use is shipping now and they said at NAB it was intended to be announced at the same time as URSA but they couldn't get it done then so announced it the following year when they had the resources to do it. It's a seriously good combo, looking through the EVF at NAB it was sharper/nicer than the gratical (I was in the right place at the right time and Zacuto were at the Blackmagic booth comparing their EVF on an URSA Mini to the Blackmagic) and definitely nicer than the Small HD sidefinder.

Sorry Vic, just responding to a comment that didn't seem necessary to me or maybe missed the point.

Yeh you totally took that 2 serious. Vic understood...hence his joke with the Kofa pic . Looking forward to seeing these images in motion come Monday!
                      Darren Scott

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasHennessy View Post
                        Yes, please re-post it multiple times a day on facebook, instagram, and twitter, and if I have not donated any money to your cause yet, it's probably because I just haven't seen or heard about it yet, so you should probably post it more often.

Also, it would be helpful if you could post your crowdfunding link on every facebook film industry page, so I can be sure, that just in case I don't see it in my main feed, I'll have a chance to catch it on one of the 20 or so industry groups I am a part of.
                        LMAO!
                        Cameras: Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x2), Panasonic GH2 (x2), Sony RX100 ii, Canon 6D, Canon T2i,
                        Mics: Sennheiser, AKG, Shure, Sanken, Audio-Technica, Audix
                        Lights: Every Chinese clone you can imagine

Comment

Since Vic admits he needs a better glass, Dan Kanes and I have decided to make our own porpoise-built sinema glass that will knock yer socks off, and darn the holes too. It's based on a concoction that Eastern Canada (any part of Canada east of British Columbia) calls Newfie Screech. But it uses seawater and kelp for an amazing coating that is guaranteed to plaster you. After Vic tries one or two or maybe three of our glasses, he's gonna be singin a different tune!

Comment

Originally posted by rick.lang View Post
                            Since Vic admits he needs a better glass, Dan Kanes and I have decided to make our own porpoise-built sinema glass that will knock yer socks off, and darn the holes too. It's based on a concoction that Eastern Canada (any part of Canada east of British Columbia) calls Newfie Screech. But it uses seawater and kelp for an amazing coating that is guaranteed to plaster you. After Vic tries one or two or maybe three of our glasses, he's gonna be singin a different tune!
                            Freakin' Canucks are outta yer minds!
                            Cameras: Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x2), Panasonic GH2 (x2), Sony RX100 ii, Canon 6D, Canon T2i,
                            Mics: Sennheiser, AKG, Shure, Sanken, Audio-Technica, Audix
                            Lights: Every Chinese clone you can imagine

Comment

Originally posted by Steven Abrams View Post

Yeah Steve, we're all just messing around with each other. I bought a Gratical to use as a VF with the URSA. No need to have it indoors though.

Comment

Working...
                              X