Just started a feature.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vicharris View Post
    Hey guys, I'd appreciate it if we keep this thread on topic. I mean it to be a look into a feature as we go shot on the Pocket, not a thread about technical reasons or evidence why I or someone else likes one camera over the other. If it turns into that I'm going to close and pull the thread. I won't let this turn into a bloated back and forth thread like most are here these days.

Hope you understand and thanks for all the positive responses about our little film. I'll post more stills once we get out of the damn dinning room. We have 45 pages to shoot just in that spot.
    Vic, might you be able to post any diagrams of your set? These types of tight shoots where one doesn't have the room for studio lights and all kinds of rigging are always fascinating. To see how all the obstacles are overcome. How you turn practical lighting into film lighting and how you move minimal rigging within the set.

Thanks!
    Cameras: Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x2), Panasonic GH2 (x2), Sony RX100 ii, Canon 6D, Canon T2i,
    Mics: Sennheiser, AKG, Shure, Sanken, Audio-Technica, Audix
    Lights: Every Chinese clone you can imagine

Comment

Looking really good overall. How many ikea practicals are you guys using? Some of those lights are perfect for so many situations. Just shot a short with a ton of ikea LED practicals, they're solid.
      Test footage Vimeo page: https://vimeo.com/romanalaivi

Comment

Originally posted by Roman View Post
        Looking really good overall. How many ikea practicals are you guys using? Some of those lights are perfect for so many situations. Just shot a short with a ton of ikea LED practicals, they're solid.
        I'm using 3 but I'll post a diagram of the main room later this week. Both of the lights above the table are Ikea and another one in the other room past the arch.

Comment

which ikea practicals are you using...
          www.imdb.com/name/nm0566053/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

Comment

Day4
            Garage2_1.39.1.jpg

Comment

I have used several Canon C100, C300, and BMCC 2.5K, but I always used the BMPCC as an A-cam with Raw. It just looks better after post. With Prores, certain lighting conditions get the BMPCC close to the BMCC 2.5K. I shoot mostly Raw and favor my crusty BMPCC any day.

Comment

Very nice lighting Vic. What model of Ladare leds did you used?

Comment

I'll answer everyones questions as soon as I get a minute but here's a few bts pics. Had to pull out the BMCC to make up some time.

Attached Files

Comment

for high cri led practicals you might want to check the Yuji lights
                    http://store.yujiintl.com/collection...cri-led-lights

Comment

Originally posted by stip View Post
                      for high cri led practicals you might want to check the Yuji lights
                      http://store.yujiintl.com/collection...cri-led-lights
                      Yep, I've known about them since they came out. I can't justify the price of those out of my own pocket and considering the results we're getting with the Ikea Laderas, I see no reason to pay $75 a light. Just doesn't make sense to me.

Comment

Coincidentally, I just ran across this yesterday. The Ladare lights are on this list with, I believe, a score of 93; which, according to the website is very good.

http://www.gtc.org.uk/tlci-results/t...ew-format.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by weis5on View Post
                          Coincidentally, I just ran across this yesterday. The Ladare lights are on this list with, I believe, a score of 93; which, according to the website is very good.

http://www.gtc.org.uk/tlci-results/t...ew-format.aspx
                          Yep, saw this chart when it came out. That's why I went with these $10 little suckers. The pics in this thread prove it all. Not really a need for discussion if you ask me Spent a long time researching cool lights for this movie.

Here's one more from yesterday.

Patrick_1.76.1.jpg

Comment

I'm sold. I'm going to give these suckers a try on my next project.

Comment

I think you just saved me a ton of money... I'm going to order some of these.

Comment

Originally posted by vicharris View Post
                                Yep, saw this chart when it came out. That's why I went with these $10 little suckers. The pics in this thread prove it all. Not really a need for discussion if you ask me Spent a long time researching cool lights for this movie.

Here's one more from yesterday.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15165[/ATTACH]
                                Wow. That's really rich. The lighting on all the stills you've posted looks super natural. I'm sure practicals is helping that along, but still... great lighting with no hint of this being "a set".
                                Cameras: Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x2), Panasonic GH2 (x2), Sony RX100 ii, Canon 6D, Canon T2i,
                                Mics: Sennheiser, AKG, Shure, Sanken, Audio-Technica, Audix
                                Lights: Every Chinese clone you can imagine

Comment

Working...
                                X