Short documentary (bachelor thesis) - Screengrabs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short documentary (bachelor thesis) - Screengrabs

Here are some screengrabs of the short documentary I shot as a thesis for my journalism bachelor studies. It focuses on the daily life of a WWII veteran who lost an arm due to a mine and is a highly gifted turner now.

Everything was shot on the BMPCC with a Nikon G Speedbooster, the Tamron 17-50 or the Nikon 28mm f/1.8 in RAW and graded in Resolve. Feedback welcome! (Sadly I can't show more until the 'run for festivals' is over.)

The Med and CU shots are nice but I think you need to adjust your Speedbooster. You have some pretty crazy stuff going on with the Wides on the edges.

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

Originally posted by vicharris View Post
        The Med and CU shots are nice but I think you need to adjust your Speedbooster. You have some pretty crazy stuff going on with the Wides on the edges.
        Indeed, i had the exact same problems. Returned it and they fixed it. They exchanged a new surface mount, and PBC board inside. The firmware was updated, set a glass and reach infinity normally. Other then that, it looks great!

Comment

Thanks a lot!

I never really noticed until now (hardly ever shot wides at infint before this project) but you are absolutely right.

Do you think I got a chance at adjusting it myself? Doesn't look too difficult, but on the other hand, does the speed booster increase field curvature? As the center parts look ok at infinity, I'm guessing that adjusting infinity focus won't be sufficient in this case?

If not, I'm hoping they'll fix this - already owned it for a year or so. Have you contacted Metabones directly?

Comment

I'm not so sure, but i still had warranty and decided to bring it in. I contacted CVP where i bought it from, and they handled the repair. They speedbooster definitely messes with the field curvature, atleast mine did!

Comment

Working...
            X