We Bring The Funk music video BMPCC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tom View Post
    I actually quite like the softness and jumps in lens aesthetics - it adds another layer of variation and grittiness to it which compliments the music style and location.

I didnt mind the grade too much either - perhaps a bit on the green side but its all subjective anyway.

One thing I did stand out in a positive way was the motion cadence in this video - not sure why but it looked even better than I usually see. Almost in DB16 territory I felt.

I didnt much care for the music and agree it could have maybe a bit more of a narrative/progression - BUT it was an excellent bit of work none the less!
    Thanks Tom! Means a lot hearing that from you. Agreed on the motion cadence of the pocket cam. I'm blown away by it every time.

Originally posted by jpblack View Post
    Really nice, I enjoyed this a lot, and the music is fun Apart from the lack of progression/story/angles, which is understandable considering the time/man power constraints, I really liked the gritty look and motion as Tom noted. I've been thinking of re-buying a Pocket (I sold mine a couple of months ago) until the Micro gets released, but I'm trying to resist and you're not helping

Great job!
    Thanks! And I get where you are coming from. I'm impatiently waiting for the micro to come out so I can get one. I'll keep the pocket cam for all those low key private events where I just take the stripped down version with a 14mm pancake. Wouldn't be able to do that with the micro.
    So if you find a good deal on a BMPCC, go for it. It will complement the micro nicely.
    Vimeo profile
    VFX Showreel
    IMDB

Comment

Originally posted by 4saken View Post
      thanks, glad you like it. did you watch it on a pc or mac? I noticed it looks fine on my macbook, but on some pc systems it looks indeed a bit crushed.
      i've watched it on pc, but calibrated monitor, its not badly crushed, but just slightly too much for my taste i like milky stuff alot, so theres that too

edit: you've mentioned half a second latency on zacuto...is it really that bad?

Comment

Originally posted by mcnys View Post
        i've watched it on pc, but calibrated monitor, its not badly crushed, but just slightly too much for my taste i like milky stuff alot, so theres that too

edit: you've mentioned half a second latency on zacuto...is it really that bad?
        maybe it's a bit less, I've never measured it. but it certainly feels like half a second.

I'm wondering what would be a good idea to measure the delay...
        Vimeo profile
        VFX Showreel
        IMDB

Comment

Originally posted by Faymus Media View Post
          I can agree. The interaction level these days is not good. Unless there is personal gain nobody seems to care. I thought the grading and quality was really good. The bmpcc is a great camera. In reality when rigged up its better than most 1080p cams up until 2013/2014. Just think that the top of the line sony cams that were 1080p and didn't shoot RAW back in 2005/2006 were about $100k and weighed 40 lbs LOL. This was a game changed. I use it literally every day at weddings.

Another great thing about the Pocket Cam is that it grades 100% with footage from my RED. not a fan of the music but vid was good.
          Great thing about watching your Faymus Media review videos Corey, is that now I read your posts in your voice! Ha!
          It's like you're in my head reading your post for me.
          Cameras: Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x2), Panasonic GH2 (x2), Sony RX100 ii, Canon 6D, Canon T2i,
          Mics: Sennheiser, AKG, Shure, Sanken, Audio-Technica, Audix
          Lights: Every Chinese clone you can imagine

Comment

Originally posted by 4saken View Post
            Thanks for reminding me why I usually don't share any of my work here. 150 views and not a single reply! Gotta love the level of interaction around here...
            Try not to get too down on the slow responses. I think it's a "music video" thing.

Personally I hate almost every one I ever come across, so while I'll give them a look, I feel it's often best just to keep my big mouth shut. I was one of those first 150 views that didn't comment. Apologies. Bad form on my part.

But everyone here is right - the image quality really looks good. Better than most.

I suspect it's the problem of tastes - most people won't like the music style of the videos we're hired to shoot, and then there's the whole content part - most music videos just retread the same types of shots over and over.
            I've noticed that most music video postings both here and at DVXUser get very few comments.

I give your cast credit for being willing to wear those costumes in public all day!
            Cameras: Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x2), Panasonic GH2 (x2), Sony RX100 ii, Canon 6D, Canon T2i,
            Mics: Sennheiser, AKG, Shure, Sanken, Audio-Technica, Audix
            Lights: Every Chinese clone you can imagine

Comment

I'll echo some of the previous comments. The BMPCC rarely fails to impress and you did a nice job with it. I also like the grading...looked great on my monitor. I'll also agree that there were soft moments in the footage but I did enjoy the motion and flow of the video. The cow especially seems talented!!! Agreed on the comment that the band deserves something for wearing their onesies in public all day. Again...the cow rocked!! ;-) I enjoyed the emphasized guitar solo with the ukulele. For me...a bit more progression and angles as well. I love macros in a music video but understand that all takes time on a shoot.

Comment

Originally posted by DPStewart View Post
                Try not to get too down on the slow responses. I think it's a "music video" thing.

Personally I hate almost every one I ever come across, so while I'll give them a look, I feel it's often best just to keep my big mouth shut. I was one of those first 150 views that didn't comment. Apologies. Bad form on my part.

But everyone here is right - the image quality really looks good. Better than most.

I suspect it's the problem of tastes - most people won't like the music style of the videos we're hired to shoot, and then there's the whole content part - most music videos just retread the same types of shots over and over.
                I've noticed that most music video postings both here and at DVXUser get very few comments.

I give your cast credit for being willing to wear those costumes in public all day!
                I know what you mean, I'm pretty much the same with most music videos. And by the end of the day, my clip is also just a music video with the same shots over and over again. I should have gotten more angles and some kind of storyline. But I'll keep that for the next one. This was more of a test for me as well since I haven't shot a proper music video since film school 10 years ago.

Originally posted by dmetz View Post
                I'll echo some of the previous comments. The BMPCC rarely fails to impress and you did a nice job with it. I also like the grading...looked great on my monitor. I'll also agree that there were soft moments in the footage but I did enjoy the motion and flow of the video. The cow especially seems talented!!! Agreed on the comment that the band deserves something for wearing their onesies in public all day. Again...the cow rocked!! ;-) I enjoyed the emphasized guitar solo with the ukulele. For me...a bit more progression and angles as well. I love macros in a music video but understand that all takes time on a shoot.
                Thanks for the reply, glad you like it! Wearing the onesies wasn't that big of a deal. We actually got a lot of nice comments from everyone walking by and remember, in Melbourne it's hovering around 5 degrees celcius right now. It's winter down under! So the onesies kept us warm all day
                Last edited by 4saken; 07-06-2015, 05:52 AM.
                Vimeo profile
                VFX Showreel
                IMDB

Comment

Originally posted by DPStewart View Post
                  Great thing about watching your Faymus Media review videos Corey, is that now I read your posts in your voice! Ha!
                  It's like you're in my head reading your post for me.
                  LOL Awesome! I truly laughed when I read this. Pretty cool. I hope you have had fun watching my videos
                  Corey Benoit
                  www.faymusmedia.com
                  www.facebook.com/faymusmedia
                  info@faymusmedia.com

Comment

Working...
                  X