Voigtländer 17.5mm on pocket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voigtländer 17.5mm on pocket

I love using the 17.5mm .95 on the pocket. It's about a 50mm equivalent so I've recently been using it for standing interviews.
    Quick test footy:

https://vimeo.com/126945360

password: nokton

ProRes HQ 422
    Arri Alexa LUT
    Audio - Sennheiser MKH416

Yes, 17.5 on the Pocket makes an almost perfect 45-degree diagonal angle of view.

Comment

two things.

yes the 17.5 is a very special character, in terms of look and capabilities. The interview looks good but also softer than it needs to be. Are you shooting that wide-open? On the BMPCC there's a known issue with using it such an aperture. It's simply not as sharp as when mounted to a standard MFT sensor. Best to avoid anything below 1.4. Unless you're really looking for that 'vasline over the glass' look.

You might want to attempt changing the title of your post. On chrome/mac (and firefox for that matter) the special character isn't encoding correctly and thus producing a broken reference and producing a 406.

Comment

[QUOTE=combatentropy;166222]Yes, 17.5 on the Pocket makes an almost perfect 45-degree diagonal angle of view.

Really nice shots on your first clip. Like the feeling of the 2nd, but the grade combined with shooting wide open is a bit distracting (my opinion).

Comment

Working...
        X