• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Resotaration Doc - Westcoast of Canada

*edit - Finished Video:

https://vimeo.com/131506757

Hi Guys,

I've been using the BMCC to shoot a variety of documentaries for Parks Canada and a couple non-profits on the west coast of Canada.

This is a video for a non-profit - the Central Westcoast Forest society, but has not been released yet. Wondering if I could get any feedback before going live. Thanks.
    Last edited by wyatt; 06-22-2015, 10:44 PM.
    www.wyattvisuals.com

Top quality as always Wyatt, beautifully filmed and paced - fascinating and worthy project....kept thinking I was listening to Steven Hawking with that 1st guy

Comment

Very nicely done. Nice shots. Well paced, logical, informative, concise. I don't know if that precision of language is what inspired the Hawking comment.

Only two minor comments on the grade:

The second speaker (male) looked like there might have been some IR contamination or something else, in any case the skin tone didn't seem real.
      The female speaker - the whole picture seemed too bright compared to the rest.

I only watched once, so take that with a grain of salt.

Comment

Originally posted by ade towell View Post
        Top quality as always Wyatt, beautifully filmed and paced - fascinating and worthy project....kept thinking I was listening to Steven Hawking with that 1st guy
        Thank you Ade. Appreciate the feedback.
        www.wyattvisuals.com

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Wake View Post
          Very nicely done. Nice shots. Well paced, logical, informative, concise. I don't know if that precision of language is what inspired the Hawking comment.

Only two minor comments on the grade:

The second speaker (male) looked like there might have been some IR contamination or something else, in any case the skin tone didn't seem real.
          The female speaker - the whole picture seemed too bright compared to the rest.

I only watched once, so take that with a grain of salt.
          Thanks Steve, very much appreciate the feedback. Yes, I agree the second male speaker's skin tone seems off. That shot was actually with a 5d mk3 and having a bit of a hard time matching, I'll go back to it and see what I can get out of it. Also, I would agree she does seem a bit bright.

Cheers!
          www.wyattvisuals.com

Comment

Great work, Wyatt. Thanks for sharing! I've enjoyed seeing the screengrabs on instagram. Great to finally see it it motion. Would love to hear more details about audio, mics, lenses, etc that you used on this documentary. Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by ty_lowcountry View Post
              Great work, Wyatt. Thanks for sharing! I've enjoyed seeing the screengrabs on instagram. Great to finally see it it motion. Would love to hear more details about audio, mics, lenses, etc that you used on this documentary. Cheers.
              Thanks Ty!

Lenses - Sigma 18-35 (majority of shots), Tokina 11-16 (for steadycam work), Sigma 8-16 (for heli shots), and a Canon 70-200 f4 for the bear shots.
              Interview Audio - ntg-2, mix-pre d, tascam dr40. On camera audio - videomic pro.

This was the shorter doc and there are two more for Parks Canada that are waiting to be released/approved. Similar setup as this doc.
              www.wyattvisuals.com

Comment

Excellent, Mark. Now how did you get that shot of the tree-topper when your camera angle was horizontal? Is tree climbing another skill you have?

Comment

Top notch stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by rick.lang View Post
                    Excellent, Mark. Now how did you get that shot of the tree-topper when your camera angle was horizontal? Is tree climbing another skill you have?
                    Thanks Rick. I had the topper place a 5dmk3 on a tree close by and hoped that the angle would show the topper, I lucked out.
                    www.wyattvisuals.com

Comment

Originally posted by keithlango View Post
                      Top notch stuff.
                      thanks Keith
                      www.wyattvisuals.com

Comment

Completely outstanding. Only comment I could make would be to echo Steve. But honestly the only people who would ever notice are guys like us.

As usual beyond the eye candy, it was interesting and engaging so I learned something. Made me want to move to Canada.

A pleasure to see your work again.

Comment

Great work, just echoing most of what was said but very concise, beautifully shot, very good sound.

Again to nit pick, some shots (usually tree trunks) appear to take on a strange purple to redish hue (IR contamination?) and something about the foliage sometimes seems a smidge off. But all very minor and I learnt something!

Comment

amazing stuff! the aerials look so good! shows what the BMCC is truly capable of.

was this shot in raw or prores?
                            Vimeo profile
                            VFX Showreel
                            IMDB

Comment

Fantastic stuff, beautifully shot!
                              Nautic Life
                              IMDB

Comment

Working...
                              X