Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Album Trailer for local musician (bmpcc)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Album Trailer for local musician (bmpcc)

I'm very critical of my own work, but I feel like I finally churned out something decent enough to post
    The artist told me a basic idea of what kind of trailer he wanted, so we went to a local park, and this is what I came up with.

BMPCC
    Tamron 17-50 2.8
    Focal reducer
    HOYA UV IR Cut
    HOYA Vari ND
    Kamerar Slider
    Graded with FilmConvert

Looks really nice.

very smooth - like the look matches the music.

Only criticism: The light-leak transitions. I got pummeled by about 87 people who told me they were overly played out when I used them last year.
    I still got burns on my arse from that!

In your video they are too distracting. They take me away from the imagery and him and the place. They're intrusive.
    You could use any number of different transitions, but I suspect the old 1 to 2 second cross-fade might be a look that goes with the feel of the scene and the music.

Add 98-cents to my opinion and you'll have a dollar.
    Cameras: Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x2), Panasonic GH2 (x2), Sony RX100 ii, Canon 6D, Canon T2i,
    Mics: Sennheiser, AKG, Shure, Sanken, Audio-Technica, Audix
    Lights: Every Chinese clone you can imagine

Comment

Thanks for the input!

I'm not gonna lie - light leaks have been kind of my go-to method for spicing up music videos when I don't know what else to add.
      Believe it or not, they used to be longer, but I felt like they were too distracting, so I shortened them a lot.
      I should've went with my gut instinct and just had maybe one or two.
      And I really need to work on where or when to do fade cuts. I am terrible at them (and therefore scared to use them), but you're right, it definitely would've fit the feel of this one.

Comment

Working...
      X