Music video shot on BMCC in Tokyo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music video shot on BMCC in Tokyo

Here's a recent music video I made using the BMCC. Was done very low budget and guerrilla style. City and time lapse shots filmed around Shinjuku and other shots filmed in Kouneji. Used Canon 24-105 mm and Tokina 11-16 mm lenses. I did a simple grade in Final Cut 6 as I didn't have time to do it in resolve. Thanks for taking a look!

Vimeo version;
    https://vimeo.com/117454816

Youtube version:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1YpOe-AK3c

Any way you can get a better mix of that song or is that how the young kids sound these days?

Comment

Nicely done! I think the only thing I would've done differently would to have positioned the camera to one side or the other in the performance segment, instead of straight on, so that the drummer could be seen; she was blocked by the lead singer.

Other than that, nice editing, and a good concept for the video, too.

Comment

Thanks for taking a look!

Yeah the sound mix is not the best. But I don't think I'll be able to get a better version from them unfortunately.

Good point about camera position. I actually shot three of their live shows but there were lots of continuity issues with intercutting (different clothes, song tempo, etc) so I had to use that one master shot. Anyway thanks again for the feedback!

Comment

I don't think it would be a problem to cut angles of them in different clothes at all. It would actually give a little more energy to the video unless the tempo is all off. You could even smash cut other angles ang get away with off tempo problems for sure.

Comment

Thanks, may give it another go and see if intercutting some of the other footage works. Trying to avoid shooting another one of their shows for more coverage but may have to do that to get the needed shots. If I get another edit together I'll post it again. Appreciate the feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by iman2013 View Post
              Good point about camera position. I actually shot three of their live shows but there were lots of continuity issues with intercutting (different clothes, song tempo, etc) so I had to use that one master shot. Anyway thanks again for the feedback!
              If you had access to their gigs you could have made it a live clip and just gone with that energy and vibe. Song tempo only varies a bit usually and you can sync up individual shots once you have the assembly in a good place.
              Toby Angwin - Director/Compositor
              Twitter Vimeo
              http://www.soupkitchenfilms.net
              BMMCC Veydras
              Smallrig, Letus & Ergocine support

Comment

It was nicely shot, well done.
                The wide shot doesn't work as it is now (too much, but you do need it a few times), but the close-up shots did work as they were nice & snappy. Don't worry about continuity of clothes or matching tempo, if you use quick edits it won't matter.
                The only other thing would be to make the cuts a bit quicker to siut the tempo of the song.

Comment

Working...
                X