No announcement yet.

Starting to rethink this whole "Poor lowlight Camera" thing. Recent Concert Gig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I remember that right, it was the 24 Samyang and a Tokina 12-24 on the wide side.
    Blog: http://frankglencairn.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Glencairn View Post
      If I remember that right, it was the 24 Samyang and a Tokina 12-24 on the wide side.
      Even more impressive since that Tokina is an f4 (wish I still had mine) and the 24mm Rok is their softest lens by far.

Comment

Here's something I shot at night to try out my Canon 55/1.2 and I was quite surprised as I couldn't really use 1.2 as it was still too bright in the city, shot on BMC EF with an adapted Canon FD 55/1.2 S.S.C.
        ISO 800, f.1.8 - 2.2, a bit of NeatVideo, no Speedbooster involved:

https://vimeo.com/85803091
        Last edited by gmfb; 12-31-2014, 07:09 AM.

Will trade my as-new BMPCC 4K v.1.0 for two new BMPCC 4K V.2.0

Comment

Some low light pocket stuff:

Comment

@bscenefilms I really enjoyed this. I lost interest in the technical issues, it just worked for me. Happy New Year!

Comment

And here's a film I'm grading where they used the Pocket. Man this low light stuff looks amazing. As long as you have some high contrast in the background the sensors really pull though.

Street.jpg

Comment

^^^ nice vic. I assume the first one is after the grade?
                instagram
                my work

Comment

Originally posted by misterkofa View Post
                  ^^^ nice vic. I assume the first one is after the grade?
                  Thanks and yep, this is that project I called you about. The director wanted to have this scene B&W and after I gave him this grade he changed his mind. I went for the DRIVE look and I love it.

Finally got it all sorted out but damn it was a mess and of course no IR cut Even though these cameras have been out for some time, it seems 75% of the people I see use them still have no idea about the ND/IR cut situation.

Comment

You can see the lack of IR on the original but you did a nice job working around it Vic.

Comment

Hey Vic, what's the thin strip on the left of frame in the 'before' image? Is it in the camera file? Do you get this often?
                      Blackmagic Design
                      My BMD LUTs.

**Any post by me prior to Aug 2014 was before i started working for Blackmagic**

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainHook View Post
                        Hey Vic, what's the thin strip on the left of frame in the 'before' image? Is it in the camera file? Do you get this often?
                        My desktop on my computer This is just a screen capture of 2 pngs stacked on one another. Nothing to sound the BM alarm about.

Comment

Gotcha. Just keeping an eye out.
                          Blackmagic Design
                          My BMD LUTs.

**Any post by me prior to Aug 2014 was before i started working for Blackmagic**

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainHook View Post
                            Gotcha. Just keeping an eye out.
                            Thanks for keeping an eye out. After 1-2 years of using these cameras and all the updates, I'm pretty much on cruise control with them at this point. Moire is the only thing that still kills me. Just not sure I want to sink another $500 each in these bad boys if you know what I mean.

Comment

And here's another grab from a low light shoot though like I've said, high contrast really helps the sensor.

Sigma 18-35 with Booster. Think I'm around a 1.8 here but I could by wide open at 1.1, not sure. It was 5 in the morning.

Alan3_1.10.2.jpg

Alan2_1.10.2.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X