No announcement yet.

GRADE MY DNG thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had another quick go off it, white balance was off in the last I did.

For the highlights they seem fine to let shine, sometimes some things are shiney? I feel it looks okay.

bmcusser 444_2.2.2.jpg
    Last edited by Ryanite; 06-12-2018, 02:42 AM.

Comment

• I can't view your file. No idea why. I just see the name of the file but not an actual preview of it...

Comment

• Last edited by shijan; 06-12-2018, 03:50 PM.
        All my custom made accessories for BMMCC/BMMSC now available here https://lavky.com/radioproektor/

Comment

• Originally posted by david evans View Post
          I can't view your file. No idea why. I just see the name of the file but not an actual preview of it...
          Yeah its being funny, coming up small on my end for some reason also.

Comment

• Untitled00086896.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by NvrgonStp View Post
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]26373[/ATTACH]
              I quite like the darker mids/ shadows here.

Comment

• Aaron Lochert

Comment

• Dammit, Aaron, I keep waiting for you to make a color grade that I don't absolutely love. Still waiting.

Which is my way to say I love your eye for color. Keep up the good stuff.

Originally posted by LochnessDigital View Post

Comment

• Originally posted by LochnessDigital View Post
                    Good stuff Aaron. Is that one of the Resolve FPEs? I can see some of the foliage skewing to blue and it reminds me of one of Resolve's kodak FPEs.

Comment

Good stuff Aaron. Is that one of the Resolve FPEs? I can see some of the foliage skewing to blue and it reminds me of one of Resolve's kodak FPEs.
                      Good eye. Yes, I often grade black magic footage under the 2383 D65 LUT. There's some other stuff going on, but I like how the print LUTs wrangle color. Namely, they tend to enhance that blue green and yellow green separation, which makes foliage stand out instead of becoming monochromatic green. I used to do a secondary for this but the print LUT seems to play pretty well with blackmagic footage

Originally posted by keithlango View Post
                      Dammit, Aaron, I keep waiting for you to make a color grade that I don't absolutely love. Still waiting.

Which is my way to say I love your eye for color. Keep up the good stuff.
                      Thanks Keith! Hopefully one day I'll finally make a grade you hate.
                      Aaron Lochert

Comment

• Took a stab at it

still_thread_01_1.28.1.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by GeranSimpson View Post
                          Took a stab at it

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26376[/ATTACH]
                          Very natural and organic! How was your approach? Did you use a LUT?

thanks

Comment

Very natural and organic! How was your approach? Did you use a LUT?

thanks
                            Thank you! No LUT. Just tried my best to bring everything to a natural white balance and then give a cool feeling from the sky.

Comment

• Thank you all for grading this. This was a very difficult day to shoot. After I consulted with the Accuweather app, I though we had a few hours without rain, but that wasn't the case. So the bounce I took to get some light back into his face (and keep his skin tones white balanced), was instead used as an umbrella to protect the camera...

Even so, these bmd cameras are a beast and the ability to shoot RAW is a blessing in these cases. So I had to expose for the skin tones, which meant the top parts of his skin were overexposed because of the toppy light coming from all the clouds (add to this that the ground was green or brown, so whatever light was bouncing back to him, was making his face green).

I actually tried a different, more neutral look, no LUT while trying to preserve as much of the highlights as I could. If you notice the top of his hands / arms, there is a nice rolloff. Now that I think of it, my hollywood blackmagics would've complement this nicely too...

Comment

Working...
                              X