Some good BMPC footage / cinematography

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some good BMPC footage / cinematography

I'm always checkin what's out there on Vimeo, and I came across this piece. Digging the cinematic vibe here.

https://vimeo.com/103360369
    Test footage Vimeo page: https://vimeo.com/romanalaivi

This is great. Great message, great thoughts, and definitely some very very nice shots.

Shot RAW or ProRes, either way it really does have the BMD 4K look to it, and there's film grain etc. added, it seems to still push through all of that. I'd be curious to know what's 5D 3 and what's BMD cam as well. Either way they look like they matchup well.

Good find.

SKYPE (best way to talk to me): Camera_Kholi | twitter
    Avery and Pete: Superseeds Feature Film Trailer

Comment

Nice.
      Blackmagic Design
      My BMD LUTs.

**Any post by me prior to Aug 2014 was before i started working for Blackmagic**

Comment

I always have a hard time watching skin tones that match the furniture or walls. Visually I find it sucks all the depth out of a picture.
        Other than that I agree, it's really great looking.

Tobias N - Gaffer / Cinematographer

Comment

Originally posted by Tolin View Post
          I always have a hard time watching skin tones that match the furniture or walls. Visually I find it sucks all the depth out of a picture.
          Other than that I agree, it's really great looking.
          I think that was really just the principal set piece with the hypnotist / girl on the couch. It was all golden, practically everything was a single shade, mostly because of the minimalist golden hour sunlight and the grade. Everything else had a great naturalistic vibe and good separation between the colors.
          Test footage Vimeo page: https://vimeo.com/romanalaivi

Comment

Originally posted by Roman View Post
            I think that was really just the principal set piece with the hypnotist / girl on the couch. It was all golden, practically everything was a single shade, mostly because of the minimalist golden hour sunlight and the grade
            That's exactly what I was talking about. Personally, I find it easily gets muddy and I have a hard time finding it visually appealing. I'm not saying it's not a good shot, but having the colors of the set match the skin tones is not my cup of tea.

Tobias N - Gaffer / Cinematographer

Comment

I don't think the goal with narrative work is to always have depth visually. Depth is just a tool to create an emotion. Affinity also creates emotion (which is on display here). Great work.

Comment

Very very nice, though a bit too "reddish" for my tastes. Would have liked to see more separation of the skin from the environment. Very well done though.
                instagram
                my work

Comment

Working...
                X