"Black Wedding" shooting a feature film on BMC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Black Wedding" shooting a feature film on BMC

I'm DP-ing a black comedy called "Black Wedding" during August.

Black Wedding is a pitch-dark comedy on marriage.

Not a single word is spoken, but murder is ubiquitous. It’s the uproarious story of a husband and wife that artfully tries to kill each other — again and again, without speaking a single word. It’s the way it is sometimes in a marriage. But the crafty couple pursue their devious plans without their daughter, who has sinister intentions all her own.

In the lead roles: Beate Maes, Diego Wallraff, Merisha Husgic, and Timur Karakus. Diego Wallraff, who lives in Santa Monica, CA, has worked with Antonio Banderas (“Of Love and Shadows”, 1994) and Anjelica Huston (“The Perez Family”, 1995). Beate Maes recently starred in the critically acclaimed “Bastard” (2012), with Martina Gedeck. Like its predecessor “Reality XL” (2012), the dark comedy “Black Wedding” will preview at the Snowdance International Filmfestival in January 2015, followed by a tour of international festivals. It will appear in German theaters in late 2015.
    Gonna post some BTS in the next weeks, here is our first lighting tests:

Blog: http://frankglencairn.wordpress.com/

Thanks Frank. Sounds like a great project, and definitely looking forward to the BTS updates.

Comment

As always, nice looking stuff there man, even the damn tests!

Comment

Looking great! Which viewfinder are you using? I'm looking for one, what would you recommend? Also, which lights did you use? not the soft boxes. Again, it looks great! Fantastic job!

Comment

EVF is Alphatron, the lights are mostly Dedo Lights and a few FloLight two, and four banks.

Though the Dedolights look like a toy (but not exactly cheap), they are my favorite lights - nothing beats them, when it comes to precision lighting.
          Wish I would own a set, but the kit we use comes in at over 4000 bucks.

Comment

Great stuff Frank, keep us posted! Always enjoy reading your BTS stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Glencairn View Post
              EVF is Alphatron, the lights are mostly Dedo Lights and a few FloLight two, and four banks.

Though the Dedolights look like a toy (but not exactly cheap), they are my favorite lights - nothing beats them, when it comes to precision lighting.
              Wish I would own a set, but the kit we use comes in at over 4000 bucks.
              All your usual suspects

Comment

Frank in your BTS are a lot of hideen knowledge, at some point, could you post more pictures of your BTS works please ?

BTW, wich dedolight kit are you talking about ? the Studio one ?

Comment

Originally posted by Abraham Torna View Post
                  ... at some point, could you post more pictures of your BTS works please ?
                  Here ya go, some more BTS, after 3 pretty tough days of shooting

1.jpg
                  Last shot for today with actor Diego Wallraff

2U.jpg
                  A forest of Dedolights and a fourbank to create a morning kitchen mood

2y.jpg
                  My second unit DP Lukas rocking the BMC
                  Last edited by Frank Glencairn; 08-07-2014, 10:11 AM.

Comment

Looking good Frank, keep updating when possible. Dedolights are awesome!

Comment

They really are. It's such a delight to work with them.
                      We have literally a ton of them standing around on the set, and if you need an additional light,
                      you just grab one of them and do your thing

Comment

Hi Frank

Sorry for be so pain in the a...., but could you be so kind to tell with Dedolight are you using, because I try to no bother you and look in your post and in the web page and is a bunch of options. And I want to know which specifically you use ??

Thanks in advance

Comment

We have all sorts of Dedolight from our rental house - quite a "mixed bag".

4 of those with the transformer/dimmer in the cord.(DLH4)
                          4 of those with the transformer/dimmer in the lamp (DLHM "self-contained" 100-watt head)
                          1 softbox light DLH1x150
                          1 with a projector lens and gobos,
                          and a ton of stands and accessories.

All tungsten - no LEDs on my set.

I use almost exclusively Dedos on this project - the 4-Bank Flolight was used 2 or 3 times bounced at the ceiling to raise the overall levels,
                          and a 2.k HMI was used once outside of a window.
                          Last edited by Frank Glencairn; 08-08-2014, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Ups double post... THANKS A LOT FRANK !!

Comment

One week of shooting is done, two more weeks to go - here is some more BTS

This is our Breaking Bad tribute shot

Buns5_tIYAA0Pu1.jpg

BlackWedding camera Department

BuntJc9IMAAAQ2J.jpg

My crew at work

BuntngNCQAAT907.jpg

BunuFQ5CEAAD6b6.jpg

large.jpg

large2.jpg
                              Last edited by Frank Glencairn; 08-09-2014, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X