Additional intermittent downtime next few days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Frank Glencairn View Post
    Performance is definitely better, but on my end it still takes forever to load the personal messages.
    Could be my browser/computer though.

And yes, the brown went gold - not the old style.
    There are some additional server side changes happening today that may help further improve performance as it relates to database queries, however, I've not experienced the issue you are referencing. If you can pm me with some more info on that, I would appreciate it.

Thanks.
    www.bmcuser.com
    A Landmine Media "User" Community
    The online resource for the Blackmagic Design Cinema Camera

Comment

I've disabled the wysiwyg editor globally.

This leaves you with the standard editor, and the basic editor (it should default to the standard editor for everyone under this setting).

The reason I am telling you this is b/c it avoids some pesky bugs in our forum software with some versions of web browsers (most recently, a space bar issue with quote replies in v54 of google chrome, for example).

So, I wanted to ask for your feedback... Can you all live with the standard editor? It works mostly in the same way as the wysiwyg editor that you may have opted to use. You still have buttons for the most common formatting options (e.g. bold, italic, underline, quote, etc) and keyboard shortcuts still work for bold, underline, etc.

You just see the bbcode instead of a visual representation of the formatting when typing in the editor.

If you never changed your editor settings, then you may already have been using the standard editor on bmcuser, as that was already set as the default for new registrations.

Thanks for your feedback on this.
      www.bmcuser.com

Comment

Is there any way we can get the 'Whats New' tab back on the home page?

Comment

Originally posted by Caprice__ View Post
          Is there any way we can get the 'Whats New' tab back on the home page?
          Yes. It just doesn't behave the same as it did in previous versions. It is missing the "new posts" in the sub-nav, replaced instead with "activity stream"... That is why I have it turned off for now. I will look into it though.
          www.bmcuser.com

Comment

Thanks Jason, it's the best/easiest way to see new info on the site.

Comment

Originally posted by Caprice__ View Post
              Thanks Jason, it's the best/easiest way to see new info on the site.
              "What's New?" tab is back and working as before.
              www.bmcuser.com

Comment

I have 3 complaints and just hoping there's remedies...

1. The font is so small it is hard to read.
                2. I have to login each time I just want to read Today's Posts (New Posts). I didn't have to before the upgrade.
                3. The mustard color bars had me now visiting the threads only when I'm in the bathroom. The good thing is I'm reading the post less often; the bad thing is I have to go each time I'm curious what my compadres are posting.

Please Mr. Ramsey, bring back the good old jalopy.

Comment

Originally posted by EYu View Post
                  I have 3 complaints and just hoping there's remedies...

1. The font is so small it is hard to read.
                  2. I have to login each time I just want to read Today's Posts (New Posts). I didn't have to before the upgrade.
                  3. The mustard color bars had me now visiting the threads only when I'm in the bathroom. The good thing is I'm reading the post less often; the bad thing is I have to go each time I'm curious what my compadres are posting.

Please Mr. Ramsey, bring back the good old jalopy.
                  I am going to do some work on the style today, since we are going to hold where we are for a bit.
                  www.bmcuser.com

Comment

Is there a way to make the fonts either larger and brighter? It is not easy to read or post on a tablet or smart phone. Also, we used to be able to view the new posts without signing on. It will be well appreciated if that can be enabled again.

Comment

+1 for brighter fonts, quite difficult to read under some conditions on tablets/phones
                      Haavard Helle

Comment

roger that. haven't gotten back to the style yet, but it's on the list for this week.
                        www.bmcuser.com

Comment

Thanks Jsaon. Very much appreciated by old men like me.

Comment

Me too, thanks Jason.
                            Cheers

Comment

Working...
                            X