Open Letter to BMCC RE Active M43 Mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EndCredits View Post
    Also did the OP email this to BlackMagic?
    No point unless they see numbers interested on a thread

Comment

Id suspect the opposite. That they would have little interest in numbers on a thread but a direct email with your comments and questions would be more informative and more likely to get a response. No guarantee but surely better than just putting it out into the wild and hoping.
      Producer-Director at Jackson Speed PTY LTD. Media Production in Sydney
      Also, freelance DOP.

Web Site: www.jacksonspeed.com
      Show Reel:vimeo
      FaceBook: Jackson Speed
      Blog: AnyCameraWillDo.com
      FaceBook::
      AnyCameraWillDo

Comment

Originally posted by EndCredits View Post
        Id suspect the opposite. That they would have little interest in numbers on a thread but a direct email with your comments and questions would be more informative and more likely to get a response. No guarantee but surely better than just putting it out into the wild and hoping.
        I see what your saying BUT If theres a thread on a forum which JB is often on with lots of people looking for a an active mount I imagine that would get more attention as opposed to an email. So I don't think its in the wild when it would be fair enough to imagine that they are aware of this forum and what are most active threads when one of their very own testers is often on the forum. But hey send an email if you like.

Comment

The advantages of passive MFT mount are...

Canon FD
          PL
          OCT 19
          Leica M
          Voigtlander F0.95 lenses and other passive MFT lenses like the SLR Magic 12mm F1.6
          PEN-F
          OCT 18

Who needs the Lumix lenses? OK 7-14mm would be nice, but the rest I can leave.

For any major revision (and active MFT would be a LOT of work for nothing) I'd rather have Blackmagic concentrate on a passive E-mount and Super 35mm CMOSIS sensor.

Comment

I just think that if we were able to use some active zooms on this it would be incredible for documentary work not just strong but incredible.

Comment

Working...
            X