PDA

View Full Version : Some important questions to John Brawley: Wide Shots, Resolution and Noise..

John Camarota
04-25-2012, 08:06 PM
Hi, thank you very much for all your work,

Of course Iīm 100% interested in the camera and Iīm 95% I will buy one.

The goodness of this camera is obvious..

I have some questions, just thinking in the possible problems:

1. We are all very worried about wide shots whit this size of sensor. Can you please shoot some tests with the Tokina 11-16 wide open at 11mm, 14mm and 16mm?

2. Watching the wide shot of the girl at the living room, I feel it has beautifull DR, and quite good resolution. How much lines do you feel itīs resolving? I think itīs resolving less than 800 lines. Can you please shoot a test chart to messure resolution?

3. I tried to grade the jpg wide shot but itīs difficult to me to take out the noise... Have you got the graded version in HD?

Thank you very much in advance,

John

John Camarota
04-25-2012, 08:11 PM
(and sorry for my bad English... I speak Spanish)

John Brawley
04-27-2012, 09:20 AM
I have some questions, just thinking in the possible problems:

1. We are all very worried about wide shots whit this size of sensor. Can you please shoot some tests with the Tokina 11-16 wide open at 11mm, 14mm and 16mm?

Not easily. I don't have one.

2. Watching the wide shot of the girl at the living room, I feel it has beautifull DR, and quite good resolution. How much lines do you feel itīs resolving? I think itīs resolving less than 800 lines. Can you please shoot a test chart to messure resolution?

I hate resolution charts.....

3. I tried to grade the jpg wide shot but itīs difficult to me to take out the noise... Have you got the graded version in HD?

Not sure what you're asking here. The noise is still a work in progress as the sensor calibration is still underway. RAW images are going to appear noisier if you're used to images from DSLRS...they have a lot of noise reduction happening behind the scenes. A RAW workflow allows you to choose when to apply noise reduction and sharpening. You can trade a hit in resolution for cleaner more noise free images in resolve, or not.....

jb