PDA

View Full Version : Black is Beautifull (music video) - Shooting malediction

tetsujin28
05-15-2014, 07:33 AM
My shooting team was in Algeria for a feature film so I decided to shoot in a quasi one man team in Tabernas Almeria (Spain), the place where all the spaghetti westerns were shot and also where Terry Gilliam tried to direct Don Quijote de la mancha...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frJKA4un8M8&feature=youtu.be

tetsujin28
05-19-2014, 03:39 PM
Seems like my post slips under the radar ...
Anyway feel free to comment.

chopnshoot
05-19-2014, 04:37 PM
did you shoot at a high 30p or a high shutter speed. Something feels off.

J.F.R.
05-19-2014, 06:10 PM
I like the daytime scenes with the static view and red car in the background, looks nice and clean. Didn't really like the in and out of focus shots in the bar/club with all the girls holding him and the camera going in and out of focus, that got old REAL quick....... Then you have some Gargoyle Samurai's come from out of no where and are now back up dancers, and you go to some Dutch angle shooting........?!!!?? I'm all for creativity, but that just felt really weird......

Finally and the biggest blow is, I didn't like the song at all...... Artist just doesn't have what it takes imo

ps. We all go through problems on our productions, some more than others, but one thing you should NEVER do is come here or anywhere else and complain/cry about it. We've all been there before, Man up and keep pushing

tetsujin28
05-19-2014, 08:46 PM
@J.F.R
Sometimes producers dream to be creative people, but I am sure that you know that.

@chopnshoot
I shot at 25fps 180, but I faced something unexpected, the massive albedo of the ground, and the constant changing weather, the deserts scene were sometimes washed out and a few second later quasi dark.

J.F.R.
05-19-2014, 09:09 PM
@J.F.R
Sometimes producers dream to be creative people, but I am sure that you know that.

@chopnshoot
I shot at 25fps 180, but I faced something unexpected, the massive albedo of the ground, and the constant changing weather, the deserts scene were sometimes washed out and a few second later quasi dark.

The daytime desert scenes imo looked really nice, my favorite honestly.
Keep pushing, this same video with a great song would be excellent. This is only 1 mans opinion
Peace

vicharris
05-20-2014, 12:21 AM
JFR needs more tits and ass. Pretty simple.

BTW, the in and outs of focus is how rock videos are done. Good job :)