PDA

View Full Version : Zacuto EVF at NAB

JLdp
04-07-2014, 06:53 PM
so they only has the higher resolution version, i have to say it IS great, though its much bigger then i thought, as big as a pocket camera, which bums me out because i thought id use it for the pocket or a 5d, but its very big…they had it next to the competitors to show you the difference and i have to say it was like looking through an alexa eyepiece, very nice.
but they didnt have the lesser version, so sorry, no comparison could be done.

vicharris
04-07-2014, 07:05 PM
Wouldn't the topic that already exists for this be a better spot since people are already subscribed to it?

jambredz
04-07-2014, 08:41 PM
so they only has the higher resolution version, i have to say it IS great, though its much bigger then i thought, as big as a pocket camera, which bums me out because i thought id use it for the pocket or a 5d, but its very big…they had it next to the competitors to show you the difference and i have to say it was like looking through an alexa eyepiece, very nice.
but they didnt have the lesser version, so sorry, no comparison could be done.

Thanks for the info man. Yeh it would probably help more to pop over to the thread in the "Off topic" section and relay the info there. I'm def thinking of getting the higher end one, especially now that you said it looks similar to the Alexa. In the video they said the one on display was not the final version physically...but the inside (guts) are the same. So I suspect there is more to be done on the actual outside and maybe the size. But that was only from the video...you were there so maybe you know more.

JLdp
04-08-2014, 10:18 AM
sorry for posting it here, but you try to find an old thread on your iphone with a million people walking into you! haha…still worth coming.

jambredz
04-08-2014, 10:56 AM
sorry for posting it here, but you try to find an old thread on your iphone with a million people walking into you! haha…still worth coming.
Totally understand :). Thanks again man