PDA

View Full Version : Richard Lim of Blackmagic updates us on the latest developments - 200ASA added!

ScottKarlins
08-23-2012, 10:33 PM
Check out Dan Chung's interview with Richard Lim of Blackmagic Design, where they update us on the latest developments and shipping time!

https://vimeo.com/48091268

vealti
08-23-2012, 10:47 PM
Shipping in two weeks or less, nice! And it sounded like to me there will be quite a few going out right away?

cgurtlinger
08-23-2012, 11:00 PM
well if the hardware has been locked down for a while now they've probably been manufacturing for a while now as well, so hopefully a lot will be shipped out once it starts shipping, at this point the longer the delays are the more that will go out in the first run;-) lol

mbeck
08-23-2012, 11:06 PM
I am so excited! I just pray I am in the first batch. He said the the first batch was substantial... but it was not clear if he was talking about the pre-orders or the first shipment.... hmm...

ryan brown
08-24-2012, 12:38 AM
Good stuff. User footage should start rolling in any second now. And I have to agree, it sounds like a pretty large number will go out right away... that makes me feel better. I haven't placed any type of order, but when I do, hopefully I won't have to wait 6 months

Cornelius
08-24-2012, 04:24 AM
Good stuff. User footage should start rolling in any second now. And I have to agree, it sounds like a pretty large number will go out right away... that makes me feel better. I haven't placed any type of order, but when I do, hopefully I won't have to wait 6 months

If it helps Ryan, from the Black Magic Design forums. I'm getting the largest of large suppliers will be getting about 30 in the first shipment and the second shipment should be around the end of September. Hope that helps, info has just come from users though. Nothing too oficial.

rheex
08-24-2012, 04:27 AM
He also hinted there might be another last minute "modification"... I hope it's a Histogram!

ViktorSebastian
08-24-2012, 04:42 AM
global shutter mode!

Cornelius
08-24-2012, 04:47 AM
He also hinted there might be another last minute "modification"... I hope it's a Histogram!

I've got my fingers crossed for an Instragram mode. :cool:

Yaso
08-24-2012, 04:56 AM
Shipping in two weeks or less, nice! And it sounded like to me there will be quite a few going out right away?

Didn't he say 'couple of weeks'?

vealti
08-24-2012, 07:05 AM
I'm hoping for vu meters on screen.

Cedric Akins
08-24-2012, 09:05 AM
The only news there was the double tap function to get a 1:1 zoom for focus. The additional iso was on the website weeks ago. But it is good to know the camera is going to ship soon.

Brian@202020
08-24-2012, 09:08 AM
The only news there was the double tap function to get a 1:1 zoom for focus. The additional iso was on the website weeks ago. But it is good to know the camera is going to ship soon.

I believe John talked about the 1:1 double tap in the past as well, so no new news really, except its shipping soon.

Yaso
08-24-2012, 09:17 AM
Which makes it no news at all. :D

We believe that we think that it might ship in a couple of weeks tops.

Cornelius
08-24-2012, 09:17 AM
I believe John talked about the 1:1 double tap in the past as well, so no new news really, except its shipping soon.

Nice to see how fast it worked though, I used it a lot with Magic Lantern for the DSLRs and it was a tad slow and cumbersome. This is going to be a big step up for me, but a comfortable one at that.

mhood
08-24-2012, 09:21 AM
Which makes it no news at all. :D

We believe that we think that it might ship in a couple of weeks tops.

Wasn't that an ESTIMATE? :-)

Cedric Akins
08-24-2012, 09:44 AM
I just wished they could implement the T/C IO that fast. The ability to sync two cameras together for 3D work or multi-camera workflows, not to mention audio sync for external recorders, would be awesome.