PDA

View Full Version : Davinci Node Tutorials

RyGuy
08-22-2012, 01:06 AM
Can anyone point me to a tutorial on how to use Davinci's node system? Or give me a quick run down on how they work? I'm coming from Apple Color which I can pretty much do everything that it has to offer, however the Node process is foreign to me. Thanks!

Peter Chamberlain
08-22-2012, 02:23 AM
Hi, have a look at the new v9 user manual. It has a number of sections in chapter 6 on the node editor and how to use it.
Peter

Cheezweezl
08-22-2012, 03:19 AM
for a quick start, just use serial nodes. start with one and do only basic balancing. then create more nodes as needed. try to keep your nodes simple so you can easily adjust later. for instance, if i wanted to give my footage a desaturated look with a green tint and also brighten up my talent's face, i could do it like this.

node 1, basic balance.
node 2, add contrast.
node 3, take down saturation.
node 4, tint green.
node 5, window around talent's face, track it, bump the mids.

using a separate node for each function allows me to quickly increase or decrease the amount of that function without affecting anything else.

this is a very simple quick start. once you get into the other types of nodes, you'll see there are a lot more things you can do. but this should get you going.

RyGuy
08-22-2012, 08:01 AM
for a quick start, just use serial nodes. start with one and do only basic balancing. then create more nodes as needed. try to keep your nodes simple so you can easily adjust later. for instance, if i wanted to give my footage a desaturated look with a green tint and also brighten up my talent's face, i could do it like this.

node 1, basic balance.
node 2, add contrast.
node 3, take down saturation.
node 4, tint green.
node 5, window around talent's face, track it, bump the mids.

using a separate node for each function allows me to quickly increase or decrease the amount of that function without affecting anything else.

this is a very simple quick start. once you get into the other types of nodes, you'll see there are a lot more things you can do. but this should get you going.

Thanks. But I can't find serial nodes. Hhmmphh. I guess I'll have to swallow my pride and read the damn manual.

Brad Ferrell
08-22-2012, 08:14 AM
Always read the manual (I'm 40 now).

The Resolve 9 manual demonstrates best practice techniques for CC. It is very useful.