PDA

View Full Version : Any cheap adapter for Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Normal Auto Focus for BMPCC?

flean
02-10-2014, 05:22 PM
Hi,

Quick question: Someone just donated to me a Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Normal Auto Focus Lens

Any suggestion on a cheap (but reliable and solid) adapter for BPMCC so I could test this lens?

jtfarabee
02-11-2014, 12:14 PM
You could always get something like this, but keep in mind that it has no aperture control. In order to change apertures on Canon EF lenses, you need to mount the lens on an EOS body, set the aperture, remove the lens WITHOUT turning the camera off, and mount on the adapter. Unless you only want to shoot wide open, in which case you don't need to carry around a Canon body. That's why it's a lot more common to see guys shooting with Nikon lenses, since at worst they have a mechanical linkage for aperture and at best they have aperture rings directly on the lens.

http://www.amazon.com/Fotodiox-Mount-Adapter-Thirds-Cameras/dp/B003EAXT5G/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1392138686&sr=8-4&keywords=canon+ef+to+micro+four+thirds+adapter

AHLiu
02-11-2014, 01:16 PM
I have the fotodiox adapter. Unless they've updated it (mine is from 2 years ago) its not great- there is play on the lens side.

Logan Gee
02-11-2014, 01:27 PM
I've got the fotasy adapter and it's tight on both ends.