PDA

View Full Version : BMD & Old Manual Glass

CineMac
08-20-2012, 11:49 AM
So I just thought I'd throw this out there for those of us who have some old MF glass floating around.

Does anyone know how the BMD will work with old glass? Is there some sort of stop down metering mode?

Peter J. DeCrescenzo
08-20-2012, 02:56 PM
I'm not sure I understand your question, but I'm curious about the answer(s), too, because I plan on using >45 yr. old Nikkor F fully-manual SLR prime lenses with my BMCC (mounted via a Fotodiox adapter (http://fotodioxpro.com/index.php/nikon-f-lens-to-canon-eos-camera-fotodiox-pro-lens-mount-adapter.html)).

My hope is that the BMCC's adjustable zebra display on its LCD will (primarily) be all I'll need to determine correct exposure, occasionally aided by using a calibrated HD-SDI monitor.

The BMCC will have a touch-to-magnify viewing mode on its LCD, too, to aid focussing. And later, maybe, false color focus-peaking via a possible firmware update.

But if I'm misunderstanding your question, please advise.

John Brawley
08-20-2012, 03:57 PM
I'm not sure I understand your question, but I'm curious about the answer(s), too, because I plan on using >45 yr. old Nikkor F fully-manual SLR prime lenses with my BMCC (mounted via a Fotodiox adapter (http://fotodioxpro.com/index.php/nikon-f-lens-to-canon-eos-camera-fotodiox-pro-lens-mount-adapter.html)).

My hope is that the BMCC's adjustable zebra display on its LCD will (primarily) be all I'll need to determine correct exposure, occasionally aided by using a calibrated HD-SDI monitor.

The BMCC will have a touch-to-magnify viewing mode on its LCD, too, to aid focussing. And later, maybe, false color focus-peaking via a possible firmware update.

But if I'm misunderstanding your question, please advise.

Zebra will work with any lens. As you iris up and down it will show up.

You can also double tap to check focus with any lens. (and toggle peaking on and off)

jb

CineMac
08-20-2012, 06:06 PM
Cool thanks!