PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to BMCuser.com!

Jason Ramsey
04-22-2012, 03:37 PM
Hey, everyone. Welcome to a new Landmine Media "user" community. We felt this camera deserved its own space, so here it is.

Still ironing things out and such, so please be patient with us. If you have any suggestions, please feel free to post them here in this thread.

More to come.

We hope you enjoy... We are excited about the prospects for this camera, and this community. We hope you are too.

To access the archived sub-forum on dvxuser (28 threads total) please visit this link:
http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/forumdisplay.php?273-Blackmagic-Cinema-Camera

yoclay
04-23-2012, 01:45 AM
Hi Jason,
Congratulations on your new site! Good one.
Quick question, would it be possible to bring those archived thread from DVXuser over to this site? They contained a lot of valuable information.

Cheers,
yoclay

PS> I see that the possibility to contact members is not yet in place. It looks like you are pretty set for mods with all the usual suspects, but I am currently an experienced moderator over at Cinema5D.com and would like to offer my services if you are in need and open to that.

Jason Ramsey
04-23-2012, 01:54 AM
Hey, yoclay. Thanks.

For bringing the threads over... I tried to copy some of the most important stuff, with links back to the original threads. Unfortunately, there was no easy/efficient way to bring over just the BMC threads on short notice.

The good news is, we are only a week deep, so that's why we wanted to get in early before everything really took off.

You can still access the threads via the link above, and we will work on bringing over more content in the coming days. If you (or anyone) has any specific posts or threads you would like to see here that started on DVXuser, please feel free to post links up here. And, hopefully, some of the original posters, as they make their way over, will be willing to restart some of those threads.

As for mods. I appreciate it, and I will definitely keep you in mind. To be honest, we probably have more than we need. This is a very specific community, and I am sure you folks will all be awesome. We're only just getting started. I do have one more to add, and that is John Brawley. Beyond that, I'll be keeping my little list in the weeks and months ahead as things unfold for the future :)

yoclay
04-23-2012, 02:06 AM
Thanks Jason. Good luck. Your hard work is always appreciated!

adam777
04-23-2012, 04:09 AM
Hi Jason. Great site! Hope it takes off fast :)

Jaime Valles
04-23-2012, 09:28 AM
Woke up this morning and went over to DVXuser to check out the latest (as usual) and just found this site! Nice surprise. :)

Looking forward to being a part of this community. Thanks for setting up BMCuser!

Michael Schmitt
04-23-2012, 10:56 AM
I am come for fruitful lumbardy. Very interested in this camera. I'm glad there's a usergroup to follow!

fahnon
04-23-2012, 02:08 PM
This is great. Says a lot about the impact just the idea of this camera has had that the creators of dvxuser think this deserves it's own site. Hopefully when released the camera will have the same type of influence the legendary dvx100 had...

Jim-Box
04-23-2012, 04:42 PM
This is totally awesome. The new place to be. Thanks.

Justin Demeere
04-24-2012, 01:26 PM
Hey cool a new space. I was wondering why my old profile wasn't showing up. How long will it take to get the profiles fully active to be able to edit them? Thanks for the space to stretch out and talk.

Jason Ramsey
04-24-2012, 01:29 PM
you just have to make a post on the boards here (which you have done) the scheduled task for the usergroup promotion runs ever 25 minutes, I believe. so, that should be as long as you have to wait after making your first post.

Justin Demeere
04-24-2012, 01:35 PM
Awesome sauce. Thanks

Neil Richards
04-24-2012, 07:21 PM
Thanks for setting this up so quickly Jason - great move

J Davis
05-01-2012, 09:39 AM
Hi everyone

Jason Ramsey
05-01-2012, 11:17 AM
Hey, J.

Jorge De Silva
05-15-2012, 08:17 AM
Hello :)

My name is Jorge De Silva, I'm a photographer & indie Filmmaker.

ryan brown
05-25-2012, 03:20 PM
Hey Jason, found a small bug in the forums: when you search for something and the results come back, usually the exact words you searched for are highlighted throughout the threads (like dvxuser), but on this forum, the words are blacked out (or "oranged out"). Just letting you know!

cheers

carlos
09-28-2012, 12:30 AM
I really think you guys should enforce a REAL names forum like on reduser, keep things more professional.. my two cents

Retrospective
11-13-2012, 04:52 PM
Hi! looking forward on getting the new BMC! Ramp up the production please ;)

Manuel Gil
03-10-2014, 01:26 PM
Hi everyone.

Perry Mulder
10-16-2015, 05:55 AM
Hi fellow BMC users!
Great that there is a forum for Blackmagic camera's looking forward to explore it!
I'm a filmmaker from the Netherlands and used a BMPC to film my first 82min. featurefilm last year.
I'll post some info about the project later.