PDA

View Full Version : Eng b4 lens

NYKOS
08-10-2012, 12:07 AM
Is possible to use ENG B4 2/3 lens with 2x extended with this adapter?
http://www.mtfservices.com/home.html?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=110&category_id=2

Brian@202020
08-10-2012, 07:12 AM
Don't see why not. And welcome :)

thundercrease
08-10-2012, 05:38 PM
They should work awesome. I've been testing one with HD fuji lenses on a 7D, Mark III, and a Canon mount Scarlet and so far I'm really happy with the results. I haven't had a chance to really go in and really examine the footage yet, but just looking off my DP6 they seem to be just as sharp as canon lenses.

I'm really hoping that you won't even need the 2x extender for the BMC cam b/c of it's smaller sensor. Even on the 5D I can get coverage with just a tiny amount of vignetting once I go past 100mm on the lens. With the Scarlet and 7D it's even better. So unless I'm using like a 13x4.5, I'm guessing most of the focal range will cover the BMC sensor without the doubler. If not, with the 2x engaged you get some huge focal ranges and those lenses are fairly fast already, so the 2.5 stop loss shouldn't be that be of a deal.

Also don't buy MTF's 12 pin Hirose to D-tap adapter, Anton Bauer makes one for about half the price.

I will most certainly post my finding with these lenses as soon as I get my BMC.