PDA

View Full Version : Ginirig just added a BMPCC cage to their Facebook page

Tim Hole
11-13-2013, 09:27 AM
Ginirig just added a BMPCC cage to their Facebook page, can't see it on their website yet but might nice cheap option for $99, for those who are on the pocket bandwagon...

https://www.facebook.com/GiniRig?ref=ts&fref=ts

vicharris
11-13-2013, 01:34 PM
Wow that is one ugly cage and the same price as the Viewfactor. Good luck with that thing Gini.

haavard
11-13-2013, 02:19 PM
Looks like you can't access the memory or battery. Could be just the picture.
I thought the idea was making it more practical for production, not the other way around.

Tim Hole
11-13-2013, 05:14 PM
Its hard to judge without seeing from other angles. I don't have a Pocket Cam so I don't really care, but the Gini stuff I've had has been nicely put together. It would be stupid to attempt to sell a cage without at least battery access.

haavard
11-13-2013, 07:28 PM
Yes, it could just be the picture not showing it properly.
Though as I do have a pocket camera, I can confirm that the whole piece you see under the handle actually comes down for access to battery and memory card, and it does look like this part rests on the cage.

Speculation like this might not be very useful as the picture could be of a prototype.

Telecinese
11-26-2013, 08:20 AM
Gini's stuff is top quality but I'm not sure I like the new camera-specific designs as well as the older generic 'dslr' models (http://www.ginirigs-usa.com/5-dslr-rigs). These are excellently built and very configurable.

WhiteRabbit
11-26-2013, 08:45 AM

vadimaction
03-01-2014, 05:24 AM
I bought it (full BMPCC rig with cage) and use about two months. Since I have not choice to compare with other cages, for 230$ I'd say is best quality for money.
One disappoint for me, there is no quick relise cage from rig, so I use almost all time only cage and move it with Manfrotto 323 to monopod, slider or light plastic shoulder mount.
Second, with Zacuto EVF BMPCC became heavy like Mark3, so maybe there are some lighter alternatives.

jak3fx
08-31-2014, 06:59 PM
does gini's BMPCC rig allow you to line your right eye up with the BMPCC screen? it looks like it is nicely offset but can't tell?