PDA

View Full Version : Resolve 10 crashes on FCP XLM import

jmad
10-26-2013, 05:06 PM
I'm seeing this showing up as a bug all the way back in early version 9 on other forums. I haven't had a problem until today. Upon opening Resolve 9 I got an error about a missing file and it wouldn't open. So i downloaded 10. Seems to run fine except any FCPX XML that I try and import crashes the program. Super basic timelines, just a test clip with synchronized audio. Does anyone have any experience with this?

jmad
10-30-2013, 10:00 AM
If anyone is curious or having the same problem, I talked with BM support last night and they were very helpful. There will be a Resolve update in a few days that will include a fix for this.

MelbFilm
11-17-2013, 06:50 PM
Having the XML issue as well as host of other unexpected crashes. This is working worse than the Beta 3 version for me.

Peter Chamberlain
11-17-2013, 08:39 PM
Hi guys, I assume you are all now on the release version 10. If so, please add a little detail to your posts as this might give info for someone to help.
Where is the XML coming from? Clip type, res, system type, config, GPU, ram... etc.
Peter

MelbFilm
11-18-2013, 05:28 AM
Hey Peter,

Using Final Cut XML export from Premiere Pro CC. Footage was Alexa Prores and some QT renders from Nuke, all HD. Stripped out all the audio and disolves, it still failed. Exported EDL and that worked fine. Have imported previous versions of the XML successfully in version 10 Beta 3, reinstalled that but it didn't work so I went back to latest version 10.

System is Win7 , i7 3930K 24GB RAM, GTX 670 4GB, fast HDD's and SSD's. Been very flakey on this setup. Premiere runs well though.

foner
11-18-2013, 09:01 AM
The xml I'm trying to load is the 5-clip simple one from the tutorial. Resolve 10 crashes before I try to select it.
I go to file, import xml, start browsing and Resolve 10 freezes and doesn't allow to do anything because all menus are greyed out. Other times the whole menu bar dissapears, only the title of the aplication "resolve" stays, but it doesn't let me do anything either.
Of course I do have to force-quit the aplication, the strange thing is that in the force-quiting app list it appears as working, its not redded out saying "this aplication doesn't respond".

Weeeeell, I guess we'll have to wait for this update then...

Hi everybody, BTW

foner
11-18-2013, 09:15 AM
Yes, I'm running resolve 10 on mavericks. I just want to highlight that the crash happens BEFORE selecting anything, just when the browser opens up for you to start looking for an xml to load.
I wanted to highlight this because I see a lot of people wandering if their xml has effects or not, if its multicam or not...
I think this crash comes from somewhere else, it has nothing to do with complexity of the xml you want to load because crash happens before the aplication knows which xml we're trying to load.

Just my...2 cents of euro! (I guess...)

CaptainHook
11-19-2013, 04:40 AM
I tried a XML from Premiere today and it imported 'okay' except i got the dreaded 'timecode extents etc' error. Force conforming per clip seemed to work and luckily it was short. I checked the XML data and the timecode for the clips/files were okay and matched both was Resolve and Premiere said, FPS were correct etc. Odd - haven't had it before using the same workflow (i created the edit proxies in Resolve like before).