PDA

View Full Version : FEATURE: Screen Lock/camera settings Lock??

Kholi
04-24-2012, 09:57 AM
This might sound like a no-brainer, but I've never actually seen it until the C300. This camera looks like it could use one.

Just a simple button in the corner or something to lock down all settings, so that an accidental brush or bump wont' change anything.

Anyone see any mention of this?

John Brawley
04-24-2012, 10:05 AM
They're working on the software right now. The current version is a bit annoying. Walking around with the camera around my neck often means the metadata screen comes up when I bring it up to shoot something, necessitating me to push the menu screen to get back to the shooting menu.

I've already flagged that issue, but a screen lock might be a good option to have.

They're re planning to at least have a double tap for screen enlargement for focus checking. Firstly, I'm hoping it will enlarge WHERE you tap on the screen rather than the middle.

jb

Kholi
04-24-2012, 10:09 AM
Good idea. The screen enlargement will be cool. And definitely where you tap. I remember the focus enlargement on RED initially just enlarged the center, then you had to fish around for the area you wanted to focus on. No good.

Never really thought about how useful the lock thing was until using a C300. THe little lock knob was like "oh, okay why is this not on every camera?" I dunno how many times, on any camera I use, I accidentally bump or hit a button and not realize it.

Naturally, the lock would not interfere with primary functions such as record and maybe iris. But everything else can stay zipped.

John Brawley
04-24-2012, 10:16 AM
This might sound like a no-brainer, but I've never actually seen it until the C300.

BTW, the Alexa has this...

jb

Kholi
04-24-2012, 10:20 AM
Is it a hardware lock? I had no idear.

John Brawley
04-24-2012, 10:22 AM
Is it a hardware lock? I had no idear.

You can lock out the operator panel on the offside of the camera. No accidental button pushing. Then you have to hold the unlock button in for 5 seconds i think to access the buttons again.

jb

Kholi
04-24-2012, 10:22 AM
... You just blew my mind.

Peter J. DeCrescenzo
04-24-2012, 12:51 PM
A UI lock feature would be very welcome. Thanks for already passing this suggestion along to BmD. Cheers.