PDA

View Full Version : Forum Suggestions.

Jorge De Silva
10-07-2013, 08:55 AM
Hello guys, I have a couple of suggestions for the forum:

1 - Blackmagic Cameras separate Menus/Threads - Like in reduser, It just gets easier to search for a specific topic about the BMCC, BMPCC, and future BMPC.

2 - Sellers feedback like in dvxuser.

3 - And please, update the embedded images in the forum (the quality sucks!)

All for now...

Thanks,
JDS

Tim Hole
10-07-2013, 09:47 AM
Yeah, the BMPCC and BMCC separation would be helpful.

Unknown
10-10-2013, 07:54 AM
I second that. :)

Joe Giambrone
10-10-2013, 11:58 AM
Short Film Fest
Fabulous Prizes
Celebrity Guest Interviews
Meetups

twelvetwelves
10-19-2013, 07:51 PM
i would also recommend to give the forum some more categories. we are a growing community and the community forum should grow too :)

Fresno Bob
10-20-2013, 03:34 AM
I've been saying since the camera was announced the pocket section should be split off.

Plus, I'd quite like to see the mods shut down/merge threads that should have just been posts on an existing thread ("any news on the 4k camera?" being the current bugbear).
Quickly kill off new threads where the OP clearly didn't do any searching.

Jorge De Silva
10-20-2013, 08:20 AM
Well.. I think nobody listen to us...

drewman
10-26-2013, 02:04 PM
Another vote for separating the different camera models, especially the Pocket.

Jason Ramsey
10-28-2013, 05:04 PM
definitely going to make some changes to the sub-forums, and try to separate out the cameras a bit.

Keep the suggestions coming.

Will Clegg
03-27-2014, 06:50 PM
Reviving this thread... in the hopes that we can get the three cameras their own subs? Pretty please??

Gabe
06-09-2014, 09:46 PM
3 - And please, update the embedded images in the forum (the quality sucks!)

JDS

Can anyone tell me how to upload higher res images than 100kb? Keep trying to upload 1+MB jpgs but they keep being compressed to some really tiny KB which look horrible and I notice that others are able to upload higher res images. How is that?

Akin A
06-09-2014, 10:43 PM
Not sure if this issue was brought up before, but when viewing search results on this site, the highlighted words are not readable because of this line of CSS code:

.highlight {
color: #a66c0f;
background: #a66c0f none repeat-x;
}

That sets the font color and background color of the highlighted word/term, to orange.

If you change one of those values to white (#FFF), the highlighted word/term will be readable:

.highlight {
color: #FFF;
background: #a66c0f none repeat-x;
}

OR

.highlight {
color: #a66c0f;
background: #FFF none repeat-x;
}

vicharris
12-13-2014, 03:40 PM
With the recent surge of repeated threads of the same topic, literally over and over again making this place, which is full of great info, almost impossible to navigate and search, I would really like to suggest we start closing and redirecting these repeated topics, such as SD cards, IR and ND filters, External Batteries and the likes to the threads already existing. It's getting really hard to search for things because of this and the huge influx of new users.

I know people have repeatedly said this is how all forums work but that is not true. I know of a few others that close threads and redirect immediately and it's a great idea. Everyone makes mistakes and might post something up from time to time but it's getting a little out of hand. We have a new SD card thread at least once a week. Why not have all that info and testing in one thread? If the thread get's too long, close it and start a part 2 and so on. Simple.

I understand the mods might not have the time for this but possibly, this and only this responsibility can be delegated to someone who might have the time and is respected by the mods. And before anyone goes off the rails, I am by no means suggesting me for that responsibility. Maybe someone like Darren or Note if they have time. They seem to be very level headed guys with a lot of knowledge. Possibly Tom. I'm not saying these guys but just spit-balling here or if they have time, the Mods.

I just think this is very needed here and will help organize the mess of repeated threads and questions. I know I hate looking through 20 threads trying to find an answer.

CaptainHook
12-13-2014, 05:30 PM
VBulletin natively supports an option to show similar threads automatically which could be helpful and save work for people:
http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum/vbulletin-4/vbulletin-4-questions-problems-and-troubleshooting/411186-similar-threads-for-vb4

Or perhaps better there are plugins for VB that will show users similar threads as they're creating a new thread while they type a thread title, and encourages the user to check those threads before creating a new one.

vicharris
12-13-2014, 09:29 PM
All great suggestions Hook and I hope we can incorporate something here. As demonstrated today, we had another BMPCC external battery thread started. I wish the mods would reply to these requests at some point. Either telling me to drop it and they don't care or that a correction will be made. This seems like an obvious improvement to help all.

ty_lowcountry
12-18-2014, 03:35 PM
it'd be nice to see each of the camera models have their own sub-forum. either that or maybe an accessories sub-forum like we have a lens discussion forum.

Jason Ramsey
12-22-2014, 09:25 AM
Hey, folks. BMCuser is long overdue for some love. I will definitely take all of your suggestions into account as we move into the new year.

With regards to the "similar threads" feature. Normally, we don't use it b/c of additional queries to the db, but bmcuser is not as large as our other sites, so I don't think it will be in an issue, and will look to incorporate that particular feature soon.

Take care.