PDA

View Full Version : Where is the Blackmagic swag?

Brian@202020
07-23-2012, 08:45 AM
As a DP and formerly an AC I'm used to wearing black t-shirts on set (to minimize reflections). Anyway I'm in need of some new shirts. I have my "Filmtools" shirts, "Cinequipt" shirts, "Tasty Lighting Supply" shirts, "Triple 20 Entertainment" shirts, "RED" shirts, "Alexa" shirts, etc. It'd be nice to add some "Blackmagic" shirts as well. Does Blackmagic make any?

Cornelius
07-23-2012, 01:52 PM
Man, i'd so be interested in one.

Taikonaut
07-23-2012, 02:01 PM
A bit extreme don't you think?

Brian@202020
07-23-2012, 02:07 PM
A bit extreme don't you think?

What is? Wearing a Blackmagic shirt on set?

Taikonaut
07-23-2012, 02:42 PM
What is? Wearing a Blackmagic shirt on set?

Not unless BMD pay me sponsor money for advertsing.

randyman
07-23-2012, 02:47 PM
They exist, as Dan & Co. were wearing nice BMD shirts [not t-shirts] in NYC... but whether or not they'll ever be available to the public is another question.

I could definitely use a nice black BMD t-shirt, or gimme cap...

(Please excuse the iPhone snap... and I can't resist pointing out that I have attained the exalted status of Senior Member. Woohoo!)

popcornflix
07-23-2012, 02:58 PM
Redrock Micro used to throw in a hat for free when you bought big gear.

http://store.redrockmicro.com/core/media/media.nl?id=391&c=472981&h=61907e788f31ad1f7c62

Brian@202020
07-23-2012, 03:37 PM
Not unless BMD pay me sponsor money for advertsing.

Most of the time, company shirts are given out for free. That's how I got most of mine. Spend over $200 at Filmtools, get a free shirt, etc. I'd gladly support a company that makes gear I use, especially if it's free. I mean we all need clothes right?

Taikonaut
07-23-2012, 03:44 PM
Most of the time, company shirts are given out for free. That's how I got most of mine. Spend over $200 at Filmtools, get a free shirt, etc. I'd gladly support a company that makes gear I use, especially if it's free. I mean we all need clothes right?

They give nothing for free. They gain through you advertising their company. When I go shooting with the BMC in some distant future I would put a tape over the camera logo partly to deter casual observers who may look up online to find what you are using. I would be happy to take their shirt and remove the logo unless they offer me a lump sum:o

Cornelius
07-23-2012, 03:45 PM

Agreed.

Dafilman21
07-23-2012, 03:53 PM
I would love a t-shirt, to me that is the same as buying a jersey or even a Ralph Lauren shirt. If you want to call that free advertisement that's cool, but I have no problem repping something I like and or use to make money with.

icicle22
07-23-2012, 04:01 PM
They exist, as Dan & Co. were wearing nice BMD shirts [not t-shirts] in NYC... but whether or not they'll ever be available to the public is another question.

I could definitely use a nice black BMD t-shirt, or gimme cap...

(Please excuse the iPhone snap... and I can't resist pointing out that I have attained the exalted status of Senior Member. Woohoo!)

Good heavens....based on this photo the BMC is much larger than I expected! :)

Great example of forced perspective there!

thegregferris
07-23-2012, 04:09 PM
No the camera's not that big, it's just that he's really small...

Brad Ferrell
07-23-2012, 08:13 PM
I'd wear a black magic design t-shirt for free as long as I could get clearance to use the logo in my images and film. I get photographed a lot on set.

Gwangjuboy
07-23-2012, 09:20 PM
I totally would be willing to pay for a t-shirt and cap. I would also be very willing to be given a free t-shirt and cap with the camera.

I do wonder what people would think when they casually glance at the words Black Magic if the words are on them though....

Kingswell
07-23-2012, 10:57 PM
Wearing company logos sounds a bit fanatical/fanboyish, especially when we still don't know how good the camera is.

Gwangjuboy
07-23-2012, 11:00 PM
Wearing company logos sounds a bit fanatical/fanboyish, especially when we still don't know how good the camera is.

I'm a fan and fanatical and I've seen and heard enough to know its awesome. Where's my cap?

Taikonaut
07-24-2012, 05:07 AM

Agreed. I shot with a Canon for nearly 10 years. Although I have not gone as far as puttiing sticky labels over the camera I have not for a moment tempted to wear a shirt or cap with a Canon logo. That is crass. I own their cameras but the company does not own me.

Brian@202020
07-24-2012, 07:17 AM

Not fan boyish at all. It's not only about supporting the companies that support you, it's more so about getting free set clothing. A t-shirt lasts me a month or two before it has holes, it's worn, or it's too damaged to continue to wear. I must have went thru 20 black t-shirts last year. As for hats, personally I have specific kinds of hats I wear, so I'm not into wearing logo hats. For the most part a shirt is a shirt, and free is good. I do boycott some companies. You won't catch me wearing Canon or Sony shirts. They don't need my support, they get their money from over charging for camera gear.

mbeck
07-24-2012, 07:55 AM
I understand if you don't want to wear logos.. some people are all about them, others aren't. But it does not mean you are a fanatic. In our industry, you get to know the companies that we work with, and if they are giving away free swag, or you just feel like you want to see them succeed. there is nothing wrong with wearing a hat or t-shirt that has logos for the gear you use. just so long as you don't go crazy :)

http://www.perezfox.com/images/tattoos.jpg

Brian@202020
07-24-2012, 08:15 AM
I understand if you don't want to wear logos.. some people are all about them, others aren't. But it does not mean you are a fanatic. In our industry, you get to know the companies that we work with, and if they are giving away free swag, or you just feel like you want to see them succeed. there is nothing wrong with wearing a hat or t-shirt that has logos for the gear you use. just so long as you don't go crazy :)

Agreed

Kingswell
07-24-2012, 10:07 AM
Reminds me of my favourite Friends episode:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3VxuWT6Dk0

Cheezweezl
07-24-2012, 10:46 AM

well then you might not like my tattoo.

i happen to LOVE diet pepsi. i do sometimes drink other sodas, but only ones with the initials, "DP". and no, i don't get paid by pepsi but would welcome it...

Yaso
07-24-2012, 10:52 AM
You guys have too much money! :)

randyman
07-24-2012, 11:00 AM
I must say, that's a serious level of commitment you have there! And the artist did a great job, too - seriously.

"No Coke... Pepsi!"

Taikonaut
07-24-2012, 12:19 PM
There was a friend of a work colleague who has a tattoo on his forehead in Chinese of his favourite Chinese meal, his reason was that whenever he goes on a bender with his mates and visit a takeaway rather than being incapable in ordering what he want he just point to his forehead:D

Cheezweezl
07-24-2012, 12:45 PM
There was a friend of a work colleague who has a tattoo on his forehead in Chinese of his favourite Chinese meal, his reason was that whenever he goes on a bender with his mates and visit a takeaway rather than being incapable in ordering what he want he just point to his forehead:D

that definitely trumps mine. lol...

mbeck
07-24-2012, 02:19 PM
well then you might not like my tattoo.

i happen to LOVE diet pepsi. i do sometimes drink other sodas, but only ones with the initials, "DP". and no, i don't get paid by pepsi but would welcome it...

Awesome Tat.. I would never tattoo a product on my skin... but to each his own! :)

vealti
07-24-2012, 03:29 PM
I have my own black shirts with my company name and logo for when I work. But I'll also take any free shirt or hat to wear off the clock. Less money on clothes, more money on equipment! I just checked my closet. Mazda, JVC, Tape Co., zoos, non profits, Walgreens, hospitals, online stores - I think I may be a swag whore.