PDA

View Full Version : Best Custom Export settings for Vimeo/YouTube and UK Broadcast?

sfpuk
06-13-2013, 05:51 PM
Hey guys,
Looking forward to receiving my two pockets Cams and getting into the new style workflow.

I have a question regarding exporting from fcpx/compressor with the files that the Pocket Cam will be using (ProRes/RAW)

I want to save a few custom settings in compressor that will give me the highest quality audio and video delivery for Vimeo/YouTube and UK Broadcasting 25fps. What settings would you suggest and what is the standard broadcast delivery settings for TV channel broadcast files?

Many thanks. :)

funwithstuff
06-13-2013, 06:32 PM
Hey guys,
Looking forward to receiving my two pockets Cams and getting into the new style workflow.

I have a question regarding exporting from fcpx/compressor with the files that the Pocket Cam will be using (ProRes/RAW)

I want to save a few custom settings in compressor that will give me the highest quality audio and video delivery for Vimeo/YouTube and UK Broadcasting 25fps. What settings would you suggest and what is the standard broadcast delivery settings for TV channel broadcast files?

Many thanks. :)

For Vimeo and YouTube it doesn't matter too much — they will recompress whatever you give them to 3.75Mbit or 2.5Mbit for video. Push your encode to a very clean 20Mbit if you want to minimise any problems from your side. For broadcast, you should be given a spec sheet with required codecs and data rates, or they might just specify a tape format.

zwarte_kat
06-18-2013, 11:31 PM
I agree for youtube. Make it as high as you can realistically upload.

Abstrak
09-26-2013, 06:03 PM
Upload to youtube in pro res or dnxhd the results are pretty astonishing actually. I'm pretty sure thats what this guy did (I think) and he is a forum member, Im waiting for him to respond to acknowledge if my theory is right. Plus his clip is the first I've seen on youtube that doesnt say orignal but 1440p and it looks pretty amazing on my dell laptop at work. Curious to see what somebody with a 2560x1440 monitor says.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4h9vxnbI80

Kwekwe
07-01-2014, 11:21 AM
Been exporting as ProRes LT for last couple of videos for YT, long uploads vs long transcoding