PDA

View Full Version : BMC Dream

Matthew Bennett
06-28-2012, 08:51 AM
I actually had my first BMC dream!

I was in a mall in Australia. I must have travelled there because I live in Toronto. A small rabbit was shooting test shots with the BMC. I figured the rabbit was fairly weak physically, so I grabbed the SSD out of the side, hoping to examine at least one Cinema .DNG file. I ran into a back area, and John Brawley himself tracked me down and made me give it back!

Damn, even in the dream I wasn't able to examine a .DNG file!

stip
06-28-2012, 08:57 AM
HAHAHA, awesome! I'll have an eye on small rabbits lolling around in malls.

clairstyler
06-28-2012, 08:59 AM
No, I agree! Its like impossible to do it! :)

Tom
06-28-2012, 09:30 AM
haha good to hear im not the only one dreaming about it!

Ive had about 3 dreams so far!

one of them was AMAZING! I was floating along at about 100mph across the desert filming a car chase with it, the footage looked amazing :-p I got that lovely warm buzz you get when you look back through footage from the day and it looks good.

Matthew Bennett
06-28-2012, 09:46 AM

one of them was AMAZING! I was floating along at about 100mph across the desert filming a car chase with it, the footage looked amazing :-p I got that lovely warm buzz you get when you look back through footage from the day and it looks good.

Nice! You actually got to keep the footage in your dream!

Grug
06-28-2012, 10:04 AM

How was the rolling shutter?

Tom
06-28-2012, 10:06 AM
:-p

Better than an Iphone ;-)

clairstyler
06-28-2012, 10:58 AM
Did you shoot ProRes/log/709 or Raw?

Tom
06-28-2012, 11:00 AM
Did you shoot ProRes/log/709 or Raw?

Raw of course ;-)

mattbatt
06-28-2012, 12:56 PM
My dream I had was setting up a scene - interior - with some actors and the monitors were displaying the *perfect* image. I was so excited. Then we go to record and I notice that someone misplaced all my SSD, so I'm running around set like crazy. I finally just say, "Record ProRes to internal memory" and we were capturing 10 minutes at a time. It looked great. Not sure where I came up with such an idea of a camera having internal memory beyond the recording medium, but, hey, I got my shots :)

Greyfus Wolf
06-28-2012, 01:22 PM
Interesting dream there :D haha xD

Cinema-E
06-28-2012, 07:17 PM
How was the rolling shutter?

lol

Cinema-E
06-28-2012, 07:25 PM
my dreams are blanks on this one , mybe this means I wont get it with the first batch

I hope I dream about it befor july kicks in

Jon Neely
06-28-2012, 09:13 PM
This is a funny thread.up here in Ketchikan AK right now on a shoot and I had dream last night. The dream was that I woke up in the hotel room and I was preparing my kit for the shoot. I went back into the room with the bed and there it was.... The bmc was sitting there on the bed chilling. I then realized this had to be a dream and I needed to quickly start filming with the camera. I went back over to my kit to grab a lens and then there was the major delimma, all nikkor lenses and no adapter rings! With this bombshell realization I then woke up to the same hotel room, minus one bmc camera. I guess I'm a little for nuts about this camera than I originally thought.

Tom
06-28-2012, 09:15 PM
This is a funny thread.up here in Ketchikan AK right now on a shoot and I had dream last night. The dream was that I woke up in the hotel room and I was preparing my kit for the shoot. I went back into the room with the bed and there it was.... The bmc was sitting there on the bed chilling. I then realized this had to be a dream and I needed to quickly start filming with the camera. I went back over to my kit to grab a lens and then there was the major delimma, all nikkor lenses and no adapter rings! With this bombshell realization I then woke up to the same hotel room, minus one bmc camera. I guess I'm a little for nuts about this camera than I originally thought.

haha I felt sick reading this! What a terrible thing to happen!

Peter J. DeCrescenzo
06-28-2012, 09:49 PM
... there was the major delimma, all nikkor lenses and no adapter rings! ...

Aack, what a nightmare! :-)

Note to self: I need to order a Nikon-to-Canon lens mount adaptor soon!

Made an all-too-brief first visit to Ketchican last summer. Hope to go back sometime. Cheers.

Tom
06-30-2012, 08:59 AM
Had another dream last night, this time A BMC rep had the camera, I asked if I could have a look for a second (I wanted to see the size of the power socket), I lift up the flap and instead of a power socket, i see a cardboard panel with a red etched picture of a little boy running after a bouncing ball..............WHAT DOES IT MEAAAAAN??????

Peter J. DeCrescenzo
06-30-2012, 12:42 PM
Had another dream last night, this time A BMC rep had the camera, I asked if I could have a look for a second (I wanted to see the size of the power socket), I lift up the flap and instead of a power socket, i see a cardboard panel with a red etched picture of a little boy running after a bouncing ball..............WHAT DOES IT MEAAAAAN??????

It means: Don't eat spicy food just before bedtime! :-)

... July is going to be a l-o-n-g month! ... :-)

Paul Stephen Edwards
06-30-2012, 03:44 PM

That's weird... I had a dream that I was a little boy running after a ball and a giant eyeball opened a flap in the sky and looked at me.

Matthew Bennett
06-30-2012, 06:39 PM
That's weird... I had a dream that I was a little boy running after a ball and a giant eyeball opened a flap in the sky and looked at me.

I think Freud has to chime in on this thread...

Tom
06-30-2012, 06:56 PM
I think Freud has to chime in on this thread...
If freud was on here, some of the members would chase him away. Anyway, to bed! To dream about my future camera (which i have already named Stanley)

mhood
06-30-2012, 07:10 PM
If freud was on here, some of the members would chase him away. Anyway, to bed! To dream about my future camera (which i have already named Stanley)

You'd best hope Freud would stick around for some pro bono work if you're having recurring dreams about a camera named Stanley. Have you named your fluid head?

:)

Sri
06-30-2012, 10:49 PM
Well...talking of dreams...here's mine :p

I mounted the BMC on a Jimmy Jib. Just when we were about to take this awesome high shot, the camera fell on the (NZ) Prime Minister's head. I was more concerned about the camera and rushed to check it and was pleased - not even a dent! Then my dream changed to something else :-)

Abobakr
07-01-2012, 04:36 AM
the camera fell on the (NZ) Prime Minister's head. I was more concerned about the camera and rushed to check it and was pleased - not even a dent!

loooool, I wonder his reaction if that happened for real

Brian@202020
07-07-2012, 08:42 AM
So I finally had my BMC dream. I was at some random old A frame style house full of cats with all the fast talking BM guys from NAB and John B. I was told to make a cat video with the BMC and use only ZF lenses. I then grabbed the provided ZF lenses, thru adapters on them and went to town making the best damn cat video I could.

Sri
07-07-2012, 07:50 PM
loooool, I wonder his reaction if that happened for real

His reaction? LOL, he'd just have to get his head checked :-) I'd probably get booked for 'placing' a camera close to him with the 'intent' of 'recording' his conversations, anyway! ;-)

JIKIJI
07-07-2012, 08:27 PM
the first thing i will do when my BMC arrives is to shoot some really good cat videos :)

marcelb
07-08-2012, 03:55 AM
My dreams about the BMC are way to naughty for an open thread :D

Fluoro
07-21-2012, 07:16 PM
Well I had a very short BMC nightmare. It was just ten seconds of me looking at the LCD screen and being horrified by the amount of noise at 1600 ISO.

AndrewDeme
07-21-2012, 08:14 PM
Downright hilarious.....

randyman
07-21-2012, 10:00 PM
Just giving formal warning that there is, quite likely, cat video in my future as well.

My name is Randy, and I shoot pictures of my cat. ("Hi, Randy.")

It's in my genes… I can't help myself. I think… one little shot… it can't hurt, right? But then, there's another… and another… and when I wake up the next day, there's cat footage all over the timeline. I need help.

mhood
07-21-2012, 10:10 PM
^^^ The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem. I am drawn to flowers dancing in the wind...and bees.

Grug
07-21-2012, 10:27 PM
Just giving formal warning that there is, quite likely, cat video in my future as well.

It's in my genes… I can't help myself. I think… one little shot… it can't hurt, right? But then, there's another… and another… and when I wake up the next day, there's cat footage all over the timeline. I need help.

I know that feeling, it's pretty ladies for me; I shoot one and think, well, it's more socially acceptable to shoot women than it is cats or flowers, right? But then, I shoot another... and then another... and when I wake up the next day, there's pretty ladies lying all over the floor...

I need help.

:p

Kingswell
07-26-2012, 07:03 PM

If you shoot those cats with funny little costumes i shan't grumble or criticize you sir.

http://funniespet.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/funny-cat-costumes-3.jpg