PDA

View Full Version : Another writeup!

Sri
06-27-2012, 04:58 AM
Here's another writeup on the much awaited phenomenon :-):

http://blog.creativevideo.co.uk/2012/06/a-quick-hands-on-with-the-blackmagic-design-cinema-camera/

Tom
06-27-2012, 05:03 AM
Damn you beat me by a few mins!

mhood
06-27-2012, 05:27 AM
The Cinema Camera’s native sensitivity is a healthy ISO400 and at f/2.8 it delivered fully exposed images in our fairly dimly lit studio set. Sensitivity can be increased to ISO800 and 1600 for lower light environments and the increase in noise was minimal.

Unfortunately the prototype was far from complete and non-recording so I can’t share any captured images with you,

Of course the number 1 question we asked is “When do we get our stock” and the absolute truth of the matter is that Blackmagic are un-reassuringly vague on this point, saying merely that ‘some’ deliveries will be in July and that they expect further regular deliveries of stock thereafter BUT they expect to be fulfilling customer back-orders until ‘at least’ the end of the year… No firm dates or quantities were forthcoming…

I couldn't find a date on this one but it sounds like the "old" (non-recording) prototype camera. Is the native sensitivity ISO400 or ISO800? More good words about low light performance...that's good to hear. Back orders until 'at least' the end of the year...Ouch!

Simon Shasha
06-27-2012, 05:37 AM
I thought native sensitivity was ISO800, not ISO400?

Tom
06-27-2012, 05:44 AM
I couldn't find a date on this one but it sounds like the "old" (non-recording) prototype camera. Is the native sensitivity ISO400 or ISO800? More good words about low light performance...that's good to hear. Back orders until 'at least' the end of the year...Ouch!

It was posted this morning, meaning it is likely not an old prototype.

I guess they are maybe just mistaken about the native iso.

mhood
06-27-2012, 05:48 AM
The "new" prototype records, doesn't it?

mbeck
06-27-2012, 09:49 AM
It was posted this morning, meaning it is likely not an old prototype.

I guess they are maybe just mistaken about the native iso.
I'm thinking that they did not get the new prototype, Just because JB has one doesn't mean everyone does. It sounds like the old one for sure.

I am not impressed with that article.. and it makes CVP sound like Radio Shack

clairstyler
06-27-2012, 12:00 PM
JBs black magic cams could always record, first: only RAW than ProRes. The demo cameras on the floor had their recording turned off.

It seems in the article that the camera will be delayed. I say: NOOOOO!! I want it today!
"Of course the number 1 question we asked is “When do we get our stock” ...."

Peter J. DeCrescenzo
06-27-2012, 12:03 PM
Great. Two threads about the same lame blog post. :-)

See also:
http://www.bmcuser.com/showthread.php?405-Hands-on-with-bmcc-and-preorder-update-from-cvp-uk

pharpsied
06-27-2012, 12:06 PM
Great. Two threads about the same lame blog post. :-)

See also:
http://www.bmcuser.com/showthread.php?405-Hands-on-with-bmcc-and-preorder-update-from-cvp-uk

:D

mhood
06-27-2012, 12:07 PM
Notice which came first... ;-)

Sri
06-28-2012, 12:11 AM
Damn you beat me by a few mins!
Ha ha! Sorry about that! I was up all night editing a video, and took a breather and did a BMD Cinema Camera check on Google (like we all do!), and Hey Presto! Here we are :-)