PDA

View Full Version : extended trailer for new low budgeted feature I just directed with the bmc camera

kevin baggott
05-07-2013, 09:10 PM
Some folks had asked for some footage - so....
I put this together really for the cast/crew just to see something.
it was shot on pro-res. it's not been color corrected.
anyway.... enuf caveats......

new version of trailer

https://vimeo.com/65937527#

jambredz
05-07-2013, 10:01 PM
seems u have some weird dropped frame looking stuff going on there Kevin around 2:15, 2:28, 3:05...other places also. Footage looks nice though

kevin baggott
05-07-2013, 10:10 PM
hey jambredz - yeah just gook and grime on vimeo upload - not there in the original footage.

kgimedia
05-07-2013, 10:19 PM
hey jambredz - yeah just gook and grime on vimeo upload - not there in the original footage.

It looks like tape dropout. I've never seen that online.

kevin baggott
05-07-2013, 10:36 PM
yeah - weird.... def not on the footage - will upload again in the morning.

kgimedia
05-07-2013, 10:57 PM
yeah - weird.... def not on the footage - will upload again in the morning.

I want to watch it though. Seems like it will make me uncomfortable. I like a film that can do that without, well, without the stuff that is in the Saw series.

Joe Giambrone
05-08-2013, 01:37 AM
Trailer? It's misnamed. Starts with all cuttable stuff. Definitely a short to the point cut is needed for a trailer.

Frank Glencairn
05-08-2013, 01:55 AM
No offense Kevin, but that is the first material, shot in the US by an US crew that I ever saw, that looks total typical German.

Was that intended?

kevin baggott
05-08-2013, 06:59 AM
what do you mean by "german?" frank?

kevin baggott
05-08-2013, 07:12 AM
If its a good thing frank - then yes it was intended - if not a good thing - it was the pa's fault - not what I had intended at all.
Joe - the next film is for you.

Frank Glencairn
05-08-2013, 07:30 AM
what do you mean by "german?" frank?

Ample use of wide angle glass/wide shots and camera hight, often above the eye line are typical German - or even European if you will - techniques or habits.

Since the grass is always greener on the other side, I prefer the American approach (longer glass, lower angles) though, but from your side of the Atlantic it might be vise versa :)

kevin baggott
05-08-2013, 07:53 AM
Hey Frank - well at the end of the day - I'm sure i've seen just as many non-american films as american - habit I guess. it wasn't conscious. Sure do love my german films though......

stip
05-08-2013, 07:56 AM
Ample use of wide angle glass/wide shots and camera hight, often above the eye line are typical German - or even European if you will - techniques or habits.

As a German, I have to say I hate those habits - they are based on decades of unwillingness to move forward and improve. Instead, even insist that it is superior as it's more artsy (it's actually just more smug, stubborn and lazy). In Germany, art and commerce are not compatible in the minds of the self-proclaimed wiseguys.

Besides that personal opinion, I think it might work really well for this, the characters and plot seem refreshingly unorthodox and got me interested. If you can keep that mood (ok, music plays a huge part in this teaser) throughout the movie it might work very well.

kevin baggott
05-08-2013, 10:51 AM
well stip - here's hoping we can sustain it..... :)

bprend85
05-08-2013, 07:09 PM
Looks interesting. I love Wolf Parade, too.

Bart
05-09-2013, 04:05 AM
As a German, I have to say I hate those habits - they are based on decades of unwillingness to move forward and improve. Instead, even insist that it is superior as it's more artsy (it's actually just more smug, stubborn and lazy). In Germany, art and commerce are not compatible in the minds of the self-proclaimed wiseguys.

Interesting observation. Much the same here in Sweden.

kevin baggott
05-10-2013, 10:58 AM
new version of trailer - I will stop tinkering with it as of now :)

https://vimeo.com/65903440