PDA

View Full Version : Can I use super 16mm lenses on the BMC?

Matas
06-22-2012, 02:47 AM
I hope you can excuse my ignorance, and my language (Im not a native speaker).

Can I use super 16mm lenses on the BMC? Why not? Would not be that a perfect solution?
Thanks and regards

laco
06-22-2012, 04:37 AM
I hope you can excuse my ignorance, and my language (Im not a native speaker).

Can I use super 16mm lenses on the BMC? Why not? Would not be that a perfect solution?
Thanks and regards

The BMC has an EF mount, so first you would need some adapter.
Then you would see some heavy vignetting, because the BMCs active sensor area is _larger_ than what S16 lenses cover.

Check the Digital Bolex camera.

Kevin Sandoval Chacon
07-04-2012, 10:41 AM
now what are the possibilities of using some MFT mount lenses? (i apologize if this is being covered in another thread :(

but i think the conversion rate would be closer to 1.5x?

only problem is i haven't been able to find a MFT to EF mount adapter. There are plenty of EF to MFT on ebay, but does anyone know of any which will make the MFT lenses fit an EF mount?

razz16mm
07-04-2012, 12:33 PM
now what are the possibilities of using some MFT mount lenses? (i apologize if this is being covered in another thread :(

but i think the conversion rate would be closer to 1.5x?

only problem is i haven't been able to find a MFT to EF mount adapter. There are plenty of EF to MFT on ebay, but does anyone know of any which will make the MFT lenses fit an EF mount?

It is easy to adapt a deep back focus lens like EF to a shallow back focus design like MFT. Difficult if not impossible to do the opposite.