PDA

View Full Version : How to Attach 75mm ball tripod to Konova slider

jambredz
03-29-2013, 12:09 PM
Hey guys i'm interested in getting a Konova k3/5 slider but i'm unsure of how to attach my Sachtler fsb8 head to it. Anyone using this slider with a 75mm ball head?

matthieu
03-29-2013, 12:24 PM
Hey guys i'm interested in getting a Konova k3/5 slider but i'm unsure of how to attach my Sachtler fsb8 head to it. Anyone using this slider with a 75mm ball head?

You need Manfrotto 325 n

jambredz
03-29-2013, 12:34 PM
Thanks Matthieu (almost said "Matthew" there) :)

jambredz
03-29-2013, 12:50 PM
unfortunately after reading the reviews of that product they says it has no option of leveling the ball head...which is the reason i use a ball head. Anyone know of any other way?

haavard
03-29-2013, 01:07 PM
Hello Jambredz

I used a Varavon Slidecam Ex Plus once with a Scarlet, cant remember the head, but it was in a E-image EI-A19 Hi-Hat
http://www.proav.co.uk/E-image-EI-A19-Hi-Hat/p32166.aspx

Just add a 100 to 75mm adapter and you should be good to go.

Made a note of the bowl because it was much cheaper than other brands (at least back then) and that configuration worked really well that day.

jambredz
03-29-2013, 01:15 PM
Great. thanks haarvard

Michael Bergstrom
03-29-2013, 02:00 PM
Duct tape

haavard
03-29-2013, 02:10 PM
I would probably go for the K5 minimum with a bowl, but it still might be pushing the limit of the sliders capacity.
The Juiced slider Frank uses looks much more suitable for a heavy load.

My slider can hold about 20kg and I mostly use it with a light "fluid" head which works fine.
When I get the hihat bowl I'll try it out on the slider, but I assume it would better off on the ground rather than on a tripod, but I'm looking forward to try my Sachtler head in it.

jambredz
03-29-2013, 02:37 PM
I would probably go for the K5 minimum with a bowl, but it still might be pushing the limit of the sliders capacity.
The Juiced slider Frank uses looks much more suitable for a heavy load.

My slider can hold about 20kg and I mostly use it with a light "fluid" head which works fine.
When I get the hihat bowl I'll try it out on the slider, but I assume it would better off on the ground rather than on a tripod, but I'm looking forward to try my Sachtler head in it.

Yeh i'm also considering the digital juice slider (Frank's own) because of the accessories that it comes with. Makes it really versatile. Which slider do you use?