PDA

View Full Version : FS: IDX Endura 10-S Like New V-mount Battery

Kingswell
03-02-2013, 03:17 PM
I bought this IDX Endura 10-S battery on Monday 25th of February from CVP only to learn that it doesn't work with other brand chargers I.E Swit. So i'm going the Swit v mount route.

Would return it but i've used it a couple of times so i'm selling it here.

140. Will also give you a copy of my receipt for warranty purposes.

Cash on collection for now. Live in London but also frequently visit Oxford and Birmingham.

Andy

NOW SOLD

Kingswell
03-04-2013, 10:15 AM
Bump. Will post anywhere in Europe.

Frank Glencairn
03-04-2013, 11:55 AM
Why should it not work with other chargers?

I charge all my bricks (including IDX) with a no name Chinese v-mount charger and it works just fine.
Did I miss something?

Frank

Kingswell
03-04-2013, 12:41 PM
No idea Frank, that's what i thought. Tried charging it with a Swit portable charger (Swit S-3010S) and it doesn't charge. The indicator on the charger says battery full even though the battery is empty. The Specs on the charger are almost exactly the same as the now discontinued IDX EC-1.

It may be the Charger itself, but plugged into camera it works. It may be the separate connector which goes from the charger's DC barrel to the V mount connector, but i won't know until my Swit battery turns up.

Frank Glencairn
03-04-2013, 01:47 PM
Yeah, looks more like the charger than a battery problem.

Kingswell
03-05-2013, 09:07 AM
Just received the Swit battery and it's happily charging with the Swit charger. I would try it with an IDX charger but that's not in the office today. I guess there is some sort of incompatibility between the Swit charger and IDX battery or maybe some sort of block which prevents 3rd party chargers being used with the IDX. Anyway the IDX is still available. Price drop to 135.