PDA

View Full Version : How would you do this kind of lighting?

mrholman
02-23-2013, 04:04 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E98IYokujSY

I'm shooting this raw.

I am thinking about doing several different colored looks in the final edit, should I shoot that with no colored lighting and do the coloring with the raw or should I go ahead and color the scenes differently?

Raw gives me leeway on a budget and with time constraints. I'm thinking if I shoot it without coloring the scene, I don't have to replicate any shots and I could get a lot more done, but then if they are going to come out a bunch better, I will just color the scenes and take the loss on time replicating shots in different colors.

I also want to know how you would light it. With what, especially on a low budget. Lighting setups, any good resources?

Thanks.

jambredz
02-24-2013, 05:20 PM
I cant view this video in my country for some reason...however if you have another reference it would be good. I will say that shooting in RAW is no substitute for bad lighting. Shoot with coloured gels if tha's the look you are going for. You can enhance the look in post. However the bottom line would be to hire a proper DP for your shoot. You will learn alot on set from him/her.

mrholman
02-24-2013, 05:43 PM
Indeed. I tracked down the dp and director of that video and talked to them.

jambredz
02-24-2013, 06:01 PM
Nice. Thats Good. Is there another link to a similar vid you can post? I'd love to see the look you are after.

RyGuy
02-24-2013, 08:55 PM
Specifically what part of the song are you trying to replicate?

mrholman
02-25-2013, 01:53 AM
Nice. Thats Good. Is there another link to a similar vid you can post? I'd love to see the look you are after.

I can't think of any like that off the top of my head.

mrholman
02-25-2013, 01:53 AM
The bedroom stuff. I want to know how much light I need to pull that off. I'm running a bunch of tests now.