PDA

View Full Version : Posting mine for sale

iunknown
02-18-2013, 09:17 PM
Sadly, a mark III is going to be a better fit for event work. Should have listened to other peoples advice. Loved the camera.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=321075841283

Fluoro
02-18-2013, 09:53 PM
Sadly, a mark III is going to be a better fit for event work. Should have listened to other peoples advice. Loved the camera.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=321075841283

C100 kills the 5DIII in many ways for event work. If you can stretch your budget...

Dontshoutfilms
02-18-2013, 10:13 PM
Wondering what you found as the downsides for event work. I'm sure people have said before, but I'd be interested to hear what it was for you.

iunknown
02-18-2013, 10:28 PM
Its the typical crop vs full frame arguments. I'm just used to the narrow DOF of full frame at this point. I'd rather hold off for M43 and speedbooster. Its a little lighter. EF version is awesome at certain things, scenics were great. Best footage in tungsten lighting I've ever captured (being able to change it in post). Windows did not blow out during preps. The Rokinon set I bought were all soft at 1.5 and fringed. The extra wide angles are too bulky and a pain to cart around. I'd rather have smaller m43 glass and use existing EF glass even if the EF glass is at 2.8 with the dumb mount. I planned it to be my center cam, but that was stupid because with all commotion I didn't shut it off and recorded 100gb of nothing.

Things to make it work include transcoding to a compressed raw format and ditching the dng's. I would not mount the swintronic battery and just use it as a mobil charger, that way you keep the kit light. You need to get an external monitor, the view range on the lcd is too narrow and you can't get much of an angle during prep. (The screen goes dark if you look at it from an angle)

iunknown
02-18-2013, 10:35 PM
And trust me, Its pretty sad knowing that I'm going back to the blurry/soft mess that comes with shooting compressed h264