PDA

View Full Version : LUT query

Tom
02-11-2013, 06:35 AM
This might seem like a very silly question - but I would very much appreciate detailed feedback

Question: Is it theoretically possible to have any grade (not including using power windows or similar) consolidated from a series of nodes or layers into a simple LUT?

For example, at the moment I have a grade in resolve with several nodes - Neutralise footage>adjust contrast saturation> boost shadow saturation > reduce green+Blue saturation > final gamma tweak

Would it be theoretically possible to have the output from these nodes consolidated into the form of a LUT?

I know things like sharpening and vignetting etc would not be possible - I am referring to tonal CC only.

CaptainHook
02-11-2013, 03:13 PM
Hey, in Resolve right click on the thumbnail of the clip you have graded in the colour page and choose generate LUT. :)

The other way to do it is to import the trim lut file from "Library/Application support/Blackmagic Design/DaVinci Resolve" (not sure windows path) and apply your grade to the file. Then go to config page and the LUTs tab and choose generate lut from there.

Tom
02-11-2013, 04:02 PM
Thanks!

Now to figure out how to import that into cineform first light....